Desjardins Technology Group
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
As a systems and infrastructure operations, maintenance and development database administrator, you support IT efficiency by designing, configuring, administering, maintaining and upgrading computer networks, management systems and database servers in accordance with the organization’s needs.
You plan, design, modify, implement, update and coordinate the development of data structures for large-scale projects and initiatives. You install, configure and support database management systems. You ensure that the organization’s databases are secure, accurate, consistent, maintained and used optimally. You plan and prioritize work to meet objectives. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your specialty area.
You are responsible for strategic projects and initiatives that are organizationally and conceptually complex. They require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you interact with stakeholders working in many other fields.
You lead and serve as specialist to the IT development team for database modifications and new development.
General Information on the Position
- Lead database structure development projects for all large-scale environments.
- Coordinate data structure implementation and maintenance for target environments and applications, ensuring their security and integrity.
- Serve as specialist and provide specialized technical support to practitioners and the development team.
- Develop, recommend and ensure compliance with policies.
- Develop data migration plans and monitor the integrity of data structures.
- Draft and update documentation for large-scale projects and for systems and databases.
- Analyze database health and make recommendations.
- Supervise and verify the work of a team of professionals.
Other working condition
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of six years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered.
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required.
Independent speaker and writer, intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Complexity, Plans and aligns
200, rue des Commandeurs Lévis
Information technology (FG)