Immigrant Services Calgary is a non for profit immigrant serving agency established in 1977. ISC’s mission is to be a comprehensive settlement agency working together with immigrants and their families to make Canada home. ISC is looking for individuals who appreciate the valuable contributions immigrants make to Canada, and understand and share our values of being passionate, accountable and ethical leaders in settlement services. We believe that people come first. We are committed to quality services for a diverse Canadian community.
Immigrant Services Calgary (ISC), is seeking to contract an experienced developer with a data analytics background to support ISC in developing complex and responsive online applications catered to newcomers and building data analytics solutions.
Overall complexity of responsibilities is intermediate to advanced. The position’s contract will be 6 months to begin, with the possibility of extension.
Scope of Work:
• Design, develop, test and document the web application development tasks which include both new features and support activities
• Acquire data from various data sources and maintain databases/data systems
• Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, and provide ongoing reports
• Develop and enhance the SettlementCalgary.com’s online presence and promote settlement services via websites, social media and other online tools
• Assist the Newcomer Platform Team Lead in managing, operating and maintaining the Settlement Platform and virtual services delivery
• Provide relevant training and support to Newcomer Planners
• Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent)
• 2+ years’ experience on web and mobile-based software development projects
• 2+ years’ experience on data analytics or business data analytics
• Microsoft Power BI report and visual presentation development
• Experience in SQL as well as advanced Excel functions to mine large quantities of data
• Development experience in R or Python will be prioritized
• Technical expertise in data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
• Experience in working with learning management systems such Moodle and others is strongly preferred
• Experience with Salesforce will be prioritized
• Proficiency in website hosting (VM sizing and configuration, site management, DNS) is an asset
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Willing to work remotely and have stable internet connection
• Available to work occasional evenings and weekends during peak periods
Thank you for your interest. Due to the high volume of applicants, only candidates short-listed will be contacted. No phone calls or visits please.
- Pay Type Salary