We believe that the way consumers and businesses interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. Our goal is to build the tools and infrastructure for developers to create this next generation of financial services applications. Today, thousands of companies such as Acorns, Stripe, and Venmo rely on Plaid to integrate with banks and the financial system. Plaid’s infrastructure handles millions of requests per day and thousands of bank integrations. We pride ourselves on maintaining a robust API to support the developers who depend on us and the millions of consumers who use their apps.
Plaid’s Developer Relations team is a nascent team within our broader Developer group. We own developer documentation at Plaid, which ranges from making sure the language in the docs is clear and crisp, to speccing out new web features that help developers understand Plaid products and find the right content at the right time. We do outreach to developers, including via social media, blog posts, and talks. And finally, we provide a holistic developer perspective to teams internally, ensuring that we design API and SDKs are clear, consistent, and easy to use.
Documentation is currently our team’s biggest focus, but it’s not the only focus. As a Developer Relations Engineer at Plaid, you’ll balance your time between ensuring our documentation is clear, robust, and up-to-date, while also taking on other projects to engage with the Plaid developer community and demonstrate our commitment to a world-class developer experience. And as one of the first hires onto this new team, you’ll have the opportunity to set direction and take on our most impactful projects.
We’re guided by our principles including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, inventing tomorrow; we’re looking for leaders who are motivated by those same principles.
What Excites You
- Creating and editing technical documentation for Plaid’s APIs, client libraries, and SDKs
- Creating and describing sample code and applications to demonstrate the Plaid API
- Creating other media aimed at our developer audience, such as blog posts, talks, or videos
- Engaging with the Plaid developer community via social media and (post-COVID) in person
- Representing a developer’s perspective internally to ensure Plaid APIs, client libraries, and SDKs meet developer needs
What Excites Us
- Experience with software development and using a variety of APIs
- Excellent writing skills, a strong eye for detail, and the ability to create clear, concise, and accurate documentation
- 5+ years industry experience in a technical role such as Developer Relations Engineer, Software Engineer, API Product Manager, API Documentation Specialist, Developer Support Engineer, Solutions Engineer, etc.
- Direct experience engaging with external developers (e.g. through open source projects, working in Developer Relations, conducting API user research, or similar) is a plus
- Experience designing APIs is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.