Dotdash is looking for an eager 3rd year and / or 4th year student, looking to learn and grow on our exciting team. You will work in a collaborative Agile environment and will be involved with creating, developing and realizing new ideas in code.
Our Dotdash Services team is looking for an all around developer intern with an interest in developing high throughput backend applications. The ideal candidate is eager to work with new tools and languages and realizes that it’s all about problem solving and that syntax is secondary.
About Your Contributions:
- Work on a core services platform that has very aggressive performance requirements and services millions of requests per day.
- Work on publicly facing projects that get seen by millions of visitors.
- Rapid release cycles where you’ll work side-by-side with other Engineers, Architects, Project Managers, Creative/User Experience Pros and QA.
- Actively contribute to the design and architecture of high value web services.
- Interest in working on a high throughput and concurrent backend system.
- Interest in researching new technologies and approaches to address business needs and to improve existing systems.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.