Hudson's Bay Company
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their omni-channel platforms and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 350 stores and more than 45,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture. HBC has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures in Europe.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Senior Data Streaming Developer is responsible for design, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and implementation of integration development projects based on current data streaming technologies – Kafka, Akka Streams, Kafka Streams in Scala. This role will require delivering detailed design for high-throughput data streaming solutions consuming, transforming, and delivery data to different APIs (REST, SOAP, XML), DBs (SQL/NoSQL), and file formats. Being able to understand large enterprise level architecture, provide design recommendations, and work with cross functional application teams to provide the best solution to meet the project needs are crucial for the role. In addition, unit testing to verify logic of new or modified programs, create appropriate documentation for work assignments, and documentation of production support requirements are expected.
Who You Are:
- You’re an analytical thinker with great problem-solving skills, who can easily adapt to new technologies.
- You have a proven ability to work independently in a dynamic environment with multiple assigned projects and tasks.
- You have an outstanding ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing and are able to cultivate strong working relationships.
- You can develop complex components, transformations, and workflows in accordance with requirements.
You Also Have:
- Strong understanding of Reactive Architecture principles
- 3 years of experience with Apache Kafka or other message platforms
- 3 years of experience in data streaming platforms such Akka Streams, Akka, Kafka Streams.
- 3 years of experience in Cloud and Container technologies – AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker
- 5 years of development experience in Scala (preferred) or Java
- Ability to develop high preforming, complex data streaming components and flows in accordance with integration requirements.
- Outstanding ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Legal eligibility to work in Canada.
As a Senior Data Streaming Developer, You Will:
- Design detailed solution specifications
- Create technical documentation to describe the implementation
- Design systems using reactive architecture, data streaming technologies, and Kubernetes.
- Use cloud services to design for high availability, security, and auto scalability.
- Ensure development adheres to HBC development and configuration standards
- Perform unit testing and work with project teams to resolve defects discovered during agile sprints and/or SDLC process.
- Coach other team members including code review
- Lead or participate in solution design and architecture review
- Instill best practices for agile and interactive software delivery in cloud native environment
- Conduct performance tuning
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.