As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you’re welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Approximately 40% of the world’s mobile traffic is carried through an Ericsson network. The fifth-generation (5G) of Radio Access Networks (RAN) is happening now and Ericsson is the recognized technology leader in bringing it to the market.
With the first commercial 5G launches, there has never been a better time for you to make your mark. From connected automobiles to wireless online gaming and connecting the “Internet of Things”, the possibilities are endless.
PDU Cloud RAN
The organization within Business Unit Networks seeks to work closely with our customers, passionate about the delivery of virtualized RAN solutions.
- Full-stack virtualization of the 5G NR CU and DU
- CRAN & DRAN configurations
- COTS HW including L1 accelerators where needed
- Cloud-Native infrastructure based on ADP framework for SW based on micro-services and containers
- Open interfaces (e.g F1, X2/Xn, A1, 01, LLS…)
- Architecture for automation, AI and machine learning
- Band support: Sub-6 & Mid-Band AAS to start with, High-Band in the future
- Radio support: Potentially all Ericsson NR capable radios with the use of eCPRI or CPRI converter
You will have to!
Be actively engaged in the architecture definition and proactively drive the implementation running on the Virtual DU side, in particular:
- Be able to deliver scalability, resilience and performance by taking full advantage of the evolving architectural and services inherent to a Cloud-Native Platform
- Modularize the implementation such that it can handle multiple type of interface (proprietary, ORAN…) and multiple types of Radios (Macro, Mid-Band AAS, High Band, Indoor…)
- Strive for delivery of product and test code that improves the advantages of a DevOps infrastructure
- Cultivate a systematization and implementation that enable rapid feature parity in a Stand-Alone and Hybrid network environment
To be successful in the role you must have
- Experience with the implementation in functions related to NR Radio Control and Management
- Experience working with Cloud Native core design principles and developing through the Cloud Native Development Pipeline is a phenomenal asset
- Collaborative and phenomenal teammate
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- 2-3 years work in Wireless embedded SW and/or Cloud Native product development
- BSc or MSc level in an SW related field
What’s in it for you
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your chance to create an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Role will report to the Product Development Leader.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) Ottawa ProdMgt
Req ID: 501622
Job Segment: Cloud, Manager, Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology, Management