Senior Developer Analyst Overview:
Coaching & Learning Solutions is a team of highly skilled professionals committed to driving continuous learning and growth for our most valuable resource, our TELUS team. We embrace lean and agile methodologies to help drive efficient and effective learning experiences, with a focus on providing the right training, at the right time, using the right methodology. We are continuously looking for opportunities to innovate and introduce new digital learning formats into the learning experiences that we create. We celebrate our failures and see them as opportunities to learn. We are passionate about collaboration and working in partnership with our stakeholders and peers to meet business learning needs.
We are looking for a dynamic, driven and collaborative Senior Software Developer to join our Business Analytics & Development team. You will play a key role in leading web development initiatives, collaborating with CLS team members to drive opportunity and be a mentor for the other developers. You will develop and support various transformational initiatives such as our Future of Learning & Communications, and Operational Excellence programs.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Senior Developer within the Coaching & Learning Solutions team, you will bring your technical background and best practices to help us continually improve, innovate and expand our knowledge in coaching & learning analysis. Your contributions will be to drive best in class adult learning solutions.
Your primary responsibility will be to develop web and technical projects to drive operational efficiency and innovation within the team.
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- We’ll need you to help Identify, develop, test, and deploy software solutions, “Full Stack Developer” by collaborating with non-technical team members to identify technical opportunities through conversation and the creation of user stories
- You’ll do this by partnering with the team manager to lead and build the strategy and decision making process in regards to opportunities that the Business Analytics and Development team can provide in a Coaching and Learning environment
- By leveraging your expertise in technology and software development to drive measurable and sustainable customer experience and directly contribute towards operational excellence by revolutionizing our learning and delivery model, advancing the adoption of digitized workflow tools and automation options
- We’ll want you to mentor fellow team members in web development design and best practices
- Strong dedication to the team’s success including a willingness to regularly roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Expert working experience with data & integration tools like SSIS, and relational databases languages like SQL, MySQL
- Expert knowledge of version control tool: Git, BitBucket
- Deep understanding of software delivery, from planning, through discovery, design, development, deployment, maintenance and iteration
- Intermediate knowledge of Waterfall, Agile Methodologies (SAFe, Kanban, Scrum, JIRA), Project Development Lifecycle, DevOps
- Basic knowledge in BI tools such as GSuite (Data Studio), Tableau, Domo, Power BI, SSRS, SSAS
Nice to haves
- Strong Decision making, problem solving, communication, and relationship building skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to work within multi-functional teams containing both technical and non-technical members
- Ability to effectively mentor a diverse team
- Thinks “out of the box” and encourages others to do so
- Capable of making trade off conversations to ensure the highest level of value is be created
Great to haves
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Engineering
- Certified Product Owner (CPO), Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Knowledge of Adult learning principles and learning assessment methodologies
- 7-10 years’ equivalent experience as a web developer
What YOU Get:
- Great pay, profit sharing bonus, stock purchase plan, dedication to team engagement; career development and after-hours educational assistance, flexible benefit plan with many innovative options and programs, DC Pension, flexible work styles, and more!
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.