Ready for an opportunity to make a substantial impact with a disruptive tech company while building your Developer Advocate career in the rapidly growing Kubernetes ecosystem?
Come and join the amazing team behind Calico, the leading open source container networking and network security solution, and regular contributors to other open source ecosystem projects including Kubernetes and Istio.
We have hundreds of thousands of companies around the planet using our software daily to run their mission-critical applications, including some of the largest SaaS, financial services, gaming, and retail companies where performance, scale, and security are essential to the business.
The position can be located in Tigera’s offices in Vancouver BC, San Francisco, San Jose or Cork Ireland, or fully remote anywhere in the United States.
As a Tigera Developer Advocate you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of the Calico and Kubernetes user and contributor community. In this highly technical role, you will be an ecosystem influencer and champion of users’ needs. You will work to build relationships and deeply understand and improve people’s adoption journeys by driving a range of activities, including inspiring users with the latest technology advancements (such as Calico’s state-of-the-art eBPF data plane), operational best practices, integrations with other open source projects, and identifying and removing the friction points getting in their way.
What you will do
- Blogging, learning, trying, hacking, demonstrating, documenting, instrumenting, educating, speaking, advocating!
- Connect online and face-to-face with user group members to build personal relationships and deeply understand their needs, usage, journeys, and barriers to adoption
- Produce high quality technical “how-to” content (blogs, webinars, talks) addressing common user needs, latest technology advances, and emerging best practices
- Present at meetups, conferences, and other ecosystem events
- Hack things together to help support how-to content or presentations
- Build and nurture relationships with fellow ecosystem influencers and open source leaders
- Support our user group through regular office hours and community slack channels
- Monitor user group growth and health, tracking metrics and running regular user group surveys
- Seek out an understanding of the friction points getting in users’ way and launch & own programs to remove them
- Produce case studies, webinars, and podcasts featuring real users
- Proactively use Twitter and other social media channels to share your ideas and grow your ecosystem influence
- 5 years of dev advocate, dev, devops, or network sysadmin experience
- Experience using and contributing to open source software
- Experience using Linux (your favorite window is a terminal)
- Experience developing for or operating Kubernetes or similar modern orchestration environments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
- Desire to collaborate with, learn from, and inspire others
- Ability to work as a self-starter with minimal guidance
- Continual learner who thrives on figuring out new technology
- A bias for action with an ability to iterate rapidly to produce results
- Previous experience working in early stage company
Sound like an opportunity where you would thrive and grow? More importantly, could this be the right next step in reaching your career goals? Reach out to us and let’s explore whether this role is the right fit for you.
Tigera is an early-stage startup, well funded by top-tier VCs. We offer a competitive compensation package along with full health, vision and dental benefits. We believe in a collaborative, flexible work environment based on respect for, and commitment from, every employee. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration and teamwork, make Tigera an awesome place to work.