42542 – Rexdale – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
• Strong programming experience in SQL and one or more of the following languages: Scala, Python, R, Java, C++, .Net etc.
• Have hands-on experience with Azure Cloud Data Engineering suite: ADF, Databricks, Azure Data Lake, Spark, Azure SQL and Azure SQL Data Warehouse
• Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, data modeling, database design, reporting structures.
• Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and support on data monitoring.
• Experience with DAX, Tabular and Power BI.
• Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
• Experience developing and maintaining ETL tools and platforms such as Azure ADF
• Experience with data architecting, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
• Strong understanding of BI Reporting & ETL technologies, relational and dimensional data structures, Big Data hands-on experience, principles, and best practices.
• Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes.
• Demonstrated expertise with repository creation, and data and information system life cycle methodologies.
• Understanding of Web services (SOAP, XML, REST, JSON, UDDI).
• Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: April 7 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.