University of Saskatchewan
Department: ICT Academic Technology
Employment Group: ASPAFull Time Equivalent (FTE): 1.00
Salary: The salary range, based on 1.0 FTE, is $48,334.00 – 75,523.00 per annum. The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Salary Family (if applicable): Information Technology
Salary Phase: Phase 1
Posted Date: 1/5/2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Number of Openings: 1
Primary Purpose: The Developer plays an important role within an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) group that supports the College of Medicine. This position is responsible for designing, delivering and supporting effective and efficient solutions that meet business needs.
Nature of Work: The Developer works collaboratively with Academic Technology support specialists, business analysts and other stakeholders across the college, ICT and the university. Some engagements may include partners from Saskatchewan Health Authority, other medical colleges and national organizations. The incumbent will be motivated to develop an understanding of a complex and changing environment.
The position will be responsible for a portfolio of emerging and refresh initiatives of both strategic and operational levels including but not limited to technology supporting curriculum management, faculty appointments and payments. The overall portfolio involves approximately 130 applications. An integral component of this position will be developing and maintaining a strong relationship with other ICT groups and process alignment with ICT’s standards as it pertains to the role.
The University of Saskatchewan values diversity and Indigenous engagement is a strategic priority. In support of this priority, this position will actively engage in learning to develop an understanding of diverse perspectives and how to incorporate equity, diversity and inclusion into their work.
- Provide technical analysis, development and support for various systems including security, configuration, troubleshooting, upgrading, patching, debugging and/or applying fixes; ensuring reliability, and that the software functions according to specifications;
- As part of a team, design/develop and/or recommend technical solutions that enable College of Medicine while following best practices of the ICT enterprise architecture;
- Collaborate with business and functional analysts to define technical requirements, including developing appropriate test and acceptance criteria;
- Participate in design reviews code reviews and quality assurance and quality improvement practices;
- Design, develop and coordinate the technical implementation of change requests;
- Evaluate and execute accurate assessments of effort and impact/risk by ensuring requests are properly specified, estimated, justified, designed, programmed, documented, tested, and installed;
- Assist with planning and executing migration and integration strategies for solutions and the tools used in the support of the software and service;
- Provide analysis and input to inform the development of annual and multi-year roadmaps for the College of Medicine portfolio, taking an active role in engaging with business analysts and the end-user community;
- Participate as part of the larger ICT technical team in discussions, decisions and tasks related to the overall configuration, operation, and support for systems as required;
- Promote and maintain an inclusive welcoming work and learning environment;
- Communicate issues, challenges and opportunities as required to support the effective functioning of the team;
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or in a related discipline with relevant experience in application development, coupled with three years of experience in software including mobile application development. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with SharePoint would be an asset
- Excellent knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to think tactically, weigh risks, and apply sound judgment to decision making;
- An active and collaborative team member who offers and seeks feedback, offers support to others, and contributes both to individual and team goals and accountabilities effectively;
- Knowledge of protocols and proven ability to program using best practices to ensure application security and performance optimization;
- Ability to build effective working relationships through communication, customer-service orientation, and collaboration.
The University believes equity, diversity, and inclusion strengthen the community and enhance excellence, innovation and creativity. We are dedicated to recruiting individuals who will enrich our work and learning environments. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
We are committed to providing accommodations to those with a disability or medical necessity. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work together on the accommodation request.
The University of Saskatchewan’s main campus is situated on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. We pay our respects to the First Nations and Métis ancestors of this place and reaffirm our relationship with one another. Together, we are uplifting Indigenization to a place of prominence at the University of Saskatchewan.