We are looking for a passionate Developer to join our Engineering Department and take part in building the future of homecare software. Delivering over 500,000 episodes of care per month across three continents, the applications you build will literally be in caregivers’ hands as they’re visiting clients in the places they call home.
We are revolutionizing the way home care is delivered. Our leading cloud-based software allows our clients around the world to manage their employees, scheduling, billing, and enable better delivery of care. We aim to be the operating system for our clients’ businesses, helping them and their employees improve clinical outcomes.
We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our purpose of enabling the care we want our loved ones to receive in the place they call home. We pride ourselves in our open and transparent culture, our diversity and being committed to a workplace where we all feel that we can be ourselves.
About the Role:
You will be part of a team of 150+ employees dedicated to product development with engineering hubs in Toronto, Montreal, and Victoria.
As a software engineer on our AlayaCare Cloud product, you will be a member of a product delivery team with responsibility for several areas of the application. Working with your colleagues from the product team and your engineering manager, you’ll be responsible for scoping your work, ensuring that you understand its goals and requirements, and designing & implementing it.
Working with your team’s senior engineers, you will be responsible for contributing to the product-wide technical roadmap, matching our aspirations with our technical capabilities. You will build security and performance into all you do, and will be on the vanguard of our move to continuous software delivery.
AlayaCare Cloud is written in Python and PHP on the back-end, uses Vue.js on the front-end. You will spend the majority of your time working on one of these languages, being open to learning and doing smaller pieces of work in the others.
In this role you will:
- Design, code, test, and debug complex software with a high level of quality, sitting as member of a development team
- Participate in code reviews to improve your skills and foster technical innovation in the areas of component re-use, extensibility, maintainability and scalability
- Monitor your applications in production, and proactively identify and fix issues clients are encountering
- Contributing to the product-wide technical roadmap, ensuring the success of technical cross-team initiatives and responsible adoption of new technologies and industry trends
- In the future, participate in an on-call rotation (that respects your time) to support your team’s software
- Degree or diploma in computer science or engineering, or demonstrated learning experience
- Awareness of contemporary industry trends in technology, performance, and software development tooling & practice
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills, targeting both technical and non-technical audiences
- Pride in your work
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, apply today. As well as joining a great culture and a market leading company, you will be part of a team making a positive difference in the community of home care.
If this isn’t the job for you, you may know someone who is a perfect fit. Please feel free to share this opportunity.
More about us:
- We are a fast-growing company with offices in Canada, US and Australia and a team of over 430 employees
- We’ve been recognized as one of the top growing companies in Canada
- We are mission-driven and live by our values
What We Offer:
- Supportive and collaborative environment
- Career growth and development
- Health and wellness activities
- Health benefits package
- Flexible vacation policy
If you want to explore AlayaCare further, please visit our website www.alayacare.com .
Thank you for your interest in AlayaCare!