NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
TITLE: Dev Ops/Build Master
LOCATION: Waterloo, Canada
Passionate about DevOps. You want software development and deployment to be efficient and reliable. You are always looking for opportunities to improve the process and make everyone’s life easier. You like to stay on top of newer tools and share knowledge with other DevOps engineers. You enjoy being part of a team that is building software solutions with newer technologies that exceed customer expectations!
Curious? Read on. We’re looking for DevOps Engineers like you.
You can expect to:
- Design and improve the CI/CD pipeline in an innovative manner using Agile practices.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Deploy various systems, and tools for development, testing, and improvement purposes both in VMs and the cloud.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms, especially Kubernetes and Linux.
- Monitor builds and work with the scrum teams to investigate failures and produce a clean build.
- Fix defects and/or validating fixes for defects
- Engage closely with engineering and operations teams to deliver highly available and scalable services with minimal/zero downtime.
- Automation/configuration management.
- Collaboration between development and operations staff throughout different development lifecycle stages when creating and delivering a product or service.
- Work in partnership with cross-functional teams in the capacity of delivering applications to production through various controls and operationalizing them for support.
- Support production escalations as needed.
- Provide a seamless transition of the application from Product Development to Production Support teams.
- Participate in process improvements spanning continuous integration and delivery.
- Build, deploy and evolve rapidly-changing products and systems at high volume and large scale.
- Utilize DevOps toolchain consisting of multiple tools through software build, test, configure, package, deploy and monitoring stages.
- Engage with NCR DevOps resources to share knowledge and skills.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years DevOps experience
- Strong design and debugging skills.
- Experience working in software development and testing concepts in a fast-paced, dynamic Agile environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively, adapt to changing requirements, and provide frequent status updates.
- Previous experience delivering a new product, including methodologies, for an enterprise solution.
- Must have high initiative and be a clear communicator.
- Must be self-driven and have a passion for continuously improving.
- Must be good at deploying and troubleshooting environments.
- Preferred full lifecycle involvement of end to end application delivery.
- Experience with git, Maven, Jenkins
- Experience with Elasticsearch/Logstash.
- Experience with Application Load balancing via F5 devices and network troubleshooting.
- Experience with Automated Testing (Cucumber, JUnit preferred)
- Experience with Kubernetes/Docker
- Experience with programming/scripting languages (BASH, Python etc.)
- Experience in deployment automation, monitoring and maintaining large-scale services with various underlying dependencies in a complex environment.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
You might also have experience with:
- DevOps tools such as Jenkins (Groovy), Helm, Ansible, Google Cloud Build, Terraform etc.
- Database technologies including Cassandra, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Cloud/SAAS Deployment into Google Cloud, AWS and Azure
- Physical and virtual Networking
- YML Scripting
- High volume systems including a working knowledge of performance testing and tuning.
- REST Web Services.
- Strong OOP Principles and experience with languages such as Java.
- Working in a scaled agile environment.
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.