Make your mark on the leading edge of next generation wireless networks and technologies!
Join our team
The IMS Services and Optimization DevOps team drives strategy, development and operations of TELUS Mobility current and next-generation IP Multimedia Subsystem Core Networks, and emerging 5G Voice Network, providing Voice and multimedia services nationally on TELUS’ state-of-the-art access networks (including 4G/5G, GPON and others). The team designs, integrates and operates multiple mass-scale mission-critical service platforms, including VoLTE (Voice over LTE) and VoWiFi (Voice over WiFi), serving millions of TELUS subscribers across the country. Our team members are empowered to initiate and innovate new services and technologies, performing Proof of Concept builds, translating ideas into business cases and into real-world products. We leverage a broad range of technologies across virtualization, automation, AI, Data Analytics and Engineering, as we continue to optimize service quality, reliability and network resiliency.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a DevOps Data Engineer, you will be an integral part of the IMS DevOps team as we complete the virtualization of the core network and leverage the all-IP build to drive innovation: developing new services, improving existing flows and services. Your creativity and core technical expertise in Data Science and Engineering, coupled with your passion for application development, leveraging and embracing open frameworks, Data tools, data mining, building and implementing models, using and creating algorithms and simulations, will allow us to drive our business and services portfolio for the Consumer and SMB markets. You will exercise your entrepreneurial spirit and innovative vision to change the way TELUS leverages data technology and to enrich our 5G network strategy and evolution. The successful candidate will have a passion for investigating and discovering solutions hidden in large data sets, working with wide range of stakeholders to improve outcomes.
Transforming the network landscape is our passion, and a leading factor in why customers continue to recognize TELUS as the fastest and most reliable network in Canada.
- Assess the accuracy and effectiveness of data sources and ingestion processes
- Mine and analyze data sets from network component KPIs, design and build data visualization and trending report
- Develop custom algorithm and traffic models to apply to KPI data sets
- Use predictive modeling (AI) to assist team decision and strategy decisions
- Analytics experience and expertise in SPLUNK admin and development
- Proven experience in converting different data sources (e.g. Nodal performance counters, billing records, Network data collection tools output) into automated KPI visualization dashboard creation and implement Performance based alerts on KPI deviation using Splunk and other tools
- Hadoop integration and Tableau dashboard creation using multiple data sources
- Analyze new service categories and products for technical feasibility and operational practicality, from end to end system view
- Collaborate with Product and Business Development teams to find the right balance between product and network evolution
- Translate Business requirements into deployable and solid technical solutions and vice-versa: leverage state of the art technology to build lab and production demos and trials
- Ensure the balance between cost, delivery timelines and business/architecture compliance is achieved across all program phases and across all delivery organizations
- Lead and participate in the creation of detailed documentation; design, planning and implementation
- Work with other teams, vendors as applicable, to understand and resolve technical issues impacting IMS-based services and drive the issues all the way to resolution
- Support Operations, Performance and Capacity Planning for the platforms in the team scope
- Research and share the state of the art concepts in 5G data analytics and workflow improvement tools – DevOps toolchains, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Participate in Service and Operational optimization initiatives, working together with other teams within the company
- Explore leading trends and developments in technology, service and customer expectations, identifying evolving opportunities for TELUS, by participating in industry standards bodies, technology forums and relationships with telecom providers
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Master’s degree an asset
- Seasoned technical leader with 5+ years of experience in leading complex solutions development and implementations in a Data Engineering/Scientist capacity, coupled with wireless communication network knowledge in IMS and Enhanced Packet Core
- Data Analytics and modeling coupled with Splunk and Tableau expertise in visualization and administration
- Strong Linux operating systems and open cloud computing platforms background: RedHat, CentOS, Kubernetes, OpenShift, OpenStack
- Recognized for your knowledge of 3GPP, ETSI, IEEE and other industry standards associations
- Good knowledge VoLTE/VoWiFI/VoNR Call Flow and 3GPP Protocols including GTP, SIP, Diameter
- Skilled in programming/scripting languages such as Python, C/C++, Java, SQL Rust, NodeJS; solid understanding of DevOps tools and application/function deployment platforms and tools
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and NFV
- Must have technical and operating knowledge, practice and insight to identify and assess technical conflicts, generate feasibility analysis and optimize solution choices
- Ability to learn new technologies, applications and solutions
- Strong communication skills to understand and be understood and able to articulate feasibility, choices and risks
- Adaptability to change and leading change adoption
- Development (coding) background in a DevOps environment, server and/or client side
- Mobile application development frameworks: experience on the basics of Android/IOS app dev workflows
- Virtualization with QEMU/KVM, Kubernetes, Ansible, Jenkins/Travis, Git; ELK Stack
- Professional certifications: Red Hat (RHCE), OpenShift/OpenStack, Voice/VoIP, Routing and Switching
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.