Deployment and Support Specialist
Category: Cyber Security
City: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Position ID: J0221-0117
Employment Type: Full Time
Cybersecurity Deployment and Support Specialist
Join us and put your career in IT-security into high-gear!
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join the Cyber Security team as a Security Deployment and Support Specialist
The Security Deployment and Support Specialist is an IT Cyber Security professional responsible for deploying and supporting security technologies for clients in a large enterprise environment. The successful candidate for this position enjoys working in a dynamic fast-paced collaborative team environment and interacting with clients. We are seeking a self-starter who enjoys learning and keeping abreast of new technology trends.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Solve complex integration and technical issues.
• Produce and update technical documentation.
• Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with customers, Project Managers, Client Engagement teams, and peers
• Provide input to reference architectures/designs and implementation plans for Network and data flow between solution and target systems; may produce designs for less complex solutions.
• Work effectively on several concurrent client and/or internal initiatives.
• Perform validation testing as part of the transition of the security solution into production.
• Provide off-hours on-call support on a rotation basis.
• Maintain awareness of trends in regulatory, technology, and operational requirements.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3-7 years of Information Technology experience, with at least 2 years in Cyber Security, demonstrating practical experience.
• Post-secondary degree or college diploma/certificate in Information Technology, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related Information Technology programs.
• Customer relations skills
• Knowledge of Security technologies and controls.
• Experience administering & configuring Linux/UNIX and or Windows based devices.
• Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem solving skills.
• Team player willing to share knowledge and learn from others.
• Minimal supervision, work autonomously, take ownership
• Good time-management and organizational skills
• Ability to deal with aggressive timelines and the associated pressure.
• Ability to speak and communicate clearly from a technical perspective, to users and also at the management level
• Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation in English.
• Ability to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance of Level 1 (Enhanced Reliability Clearance – ERC).
• Knowledge and experience with security controls such as: Web Content Filtering(WCF), Data Loss Prevention (DLP),File Integrity Management (FIM), Host/Network Intrusion (IDS/IPS), Vulnerability Management (CVA), Web Application Firewall (WAF), NG-FW, Firewalls, Database Activity Monitoring (DAM), Security Information Event Management (SIEM), Log Management: event parsing, log collection, storage, automation
• Security Operations Center (SOC) environment and analyst experience
• Experience in creating scripts.
• Understanding of storage and database technologies and concepts
• Security certifications: CISSP, SANS GIAC such as GCFW, GCIA, GCWN.
• Ability to speak and write in French.
• Ability to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance of Level II (Secret).
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.