MHS is a global neuro informatics and behaviour science company, whose mission is to consistently advance our science and research capabilities across our multiple market verticals to deliver our clients the ability to provide data-driven insights that predict and improve individual and organization success. MHS serves clients in corporate, educational, clinical, public safety, government, military, pharmaceutical, and research settings. By helping organizations leverage their ability to attract, retain, and develop their people, providing psychologists with assessments that give insights into behavioural and mental health needs, and helping Public Safety officials understand and manage offender risks and support rehabilitation, we provide the tools, data and insights to support their work. We are committed to responsible development and deployment of tools and technology to ensure fair and unbiased decision making. Our strategy and employees are guided by a clearly articulated digital trust framework to ensure the rights and privacy of our clients are always protected.
As part of the measures and solutions implementation team, the Decision Sciences – Visualization and Report Developer uses their mastery of the Microsoft Office suite of tools, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, PowerBI, etc. and the Adobe suite of tools including Acrobat (PDF) and InDesign to build visualization, dashboard, and reporting products for commercial deployment and client specific engagements.
MHS uses a document and results visualization pipeline that is based on Office and Adobe templates, the Mustache / Handlebars tag methods, and Microsoft Azure workflows to operate a global scale operation. The templates and projects source their data from predictive models that are maintained and developed by peers in the Decision Sciences – Predictive Model Developer camp, while the overall workflow that the visualizations and reports operate in is developed and maintained by peers in the Decision Sciences – Workflow and Integration Engineer team. The incumbent in this role is expected to work collaboratively with these peer group, under supervision of the Manager, User Experience or the Manager, Janus Deployment (TBD) with additional matrix responsibilities to internal business stakeholders, and professional services stakeholders working directly with customers. The incumbent will also be expected to respond to and resolve level 3 technical support issues as they are escalated from the customer support organization. For each deployment, the incumbent is expected to produce documentation, test cases, use scenarios and other materials required to maintain and manage the visualization or reporting template in the production environment.
Key areas of responsibility
- Build, deploy, and maintain Microsoft Office and Adobe based templates in a production environment.
- Co-develop and maintain a template architecture, shared components, and a repository to promote improved quality and reduced development costs through reuse.
- “Evangelize” the use of tag-based templates for visualization and reporting needs with clients and project teams.
- Teach others how tags and tag replacement engines work and co-maintain a tag reference document that helps others understand where data is available and how to integrate it into documents, presentations, visualizations, and reports.
- Develop and maintain test cases that ensure the consistency and validity of reports and visualizations.
- Co-develop and maintain processes and practices for visualization and reporting for the MHS platform(s), working with different stakeholders including professional services leaders, sales, implementation teams and technology strategy, research, and development.
- Co-lead the envisioning, design, development, and implementation of a machine learning based translation pipeline that allows for accelerated, cost effective translation of templates between the origin language and the market opportunity language.
- Co-lead the envisioning, design, development, and implementation of a “print on demand” solution that integrates into our e-commerce pipeline and is an asset to the professional services teams for client engagements.
- Engage as a member of the MHS data science / decision sciences community, providing peer review, idea sharing, mutual support and professional development.
The ideal candidate will be at a midlevel stage in their decision sciences, consulting, or information management career, with an interest in commercialization and implementation of the data opportunity pipeline rather than pure discovery. A mix of professional experience and education would be preferred but accommodation for coaching and support will be made for the right candidate.
- A data-based storyteller at heart who visualizes decision frameworks, details, and recommendations as images, words, and numbers.
- A pragmatic creative, able to generate visually engaging and structured content in words, images and numbers while simultaneously managing, retaining, and understanding the business requirement, the core narrative, the due date, and the budget.
- A disciplined and logical thinker with an understanding of data management, predictive analytics, and the requirements of commercializing data systems.
- Strong (intermediate or above) skills in application in the Microsoft Office and / or Adobe creative cloud suites. Vendor certification is a requirement and if not presently held will be a requirement (at our cost) to complete during probation period.
- Ability to communicate with subject mater experts, technology developers, operations staff and business stakeholders is a requirement. Communication strength needs to be written and oral.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and independently. With COVID still a part of our business, access to an appropriate home workspace is required.
- Familiarity with Python and Microsoft Azure workflows and data tools is an asset.
- A minimum of a 2-to-3-year college diploma or undergraduate degree in a suitable field (analytics, computer science, business, informatics / information management, library sciences or a liberal arts field with communications as its focus). Supplemental education or experience such as a specialized certificate or online certification (Udacity, Braintree, Microsoft Learn, Trailhead, etc.) is desired. An MBA with a desire to work in data storytelling and communications would be “a dream candidate”.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply with your cover letter and resume, stating your salary expectations. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
MHS Inc. encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Please contact us if you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
We offer a competitive base salary plus a Profit Sharing Plan, and competitive Health, Dental, healthcare spending account, and retirement savings plan (RRSP or 401K). Includes 3 weeks vacation with an additional 10 paid personal days.