At Mercer, we’re creating a culture where you can bring your authentic self to work. When you join us, you bring your inclusive energy and enthusiasm to a team that values you personally and professionally – regardless of who you are, what you look like, where you were raised or born, who you love or what your religious beliefs are. You are welcome here.
Mercer’s Pension Administration Centre of Excellence is seeking a Pension Administration Manager based in our Toronto or London, Ontario offices or Remote
DB Pension Administration Analyst
What can you expect?
Mercer’s Pension Administration Centre of Excellence provides comprehensive third party defined benefit pension administration solutions. The Pension Administration Analyst works in a team environment as part of Mercer’s pension administration Centre of Excellence. The successful candidate will be part of a team of consultants, analysts and administrators and would manage administration services for a portfolio of clients.
What is in it for you?
- Work independently and as a member of a team with minimal supervision on assigned projects to generate accurate and efficient solutions.
- Adapt to evolving standards, procedures and tools.
- Diagnose system problems and respond to testing feedback.
- Analyze pension plan documents to complete or provide final peer review of complex pension calculations performed by others ensuring accuracy against plan documents for defined benefit pension plans. Use this knowledge to develop or update system, calculator and database, and for testing of system and tools.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of relevant pension related legislation in all provincial jurisdictions.
We will count on you to:
- Prepare annual statements for plan members;
- Calculate pension adjustments (PA), pension adjustment reversals (PAR), and past service pension adjustments (PSPA) and pension indexation;
- Provide peer review on all year-end process – i.e. pension adjustments, pension adjustment reversals, membership reconciliations, fund reconciliations, annual statements, annual information returns, etc.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of relevant pension related provisions in the Income Tax Act (ITA).
- Identify and resolves issues that affect accuracy. Suggest process improvements to management.
- Provide guidance and training to client teams and serve as a subject matter expert.
- Analyze legislative and regulatory summaries and ensure compliance for all client work. Adherence to all established standards.
- Act in accordance with Mercer Professional Standards and following the peer review/checking process.
- Set priorities and coordinate projects taking into account-established deadlines.
- Develop and maintain of Excel based pension administration calculation tools.
What you need to have:
- At least 5 years of prior experience working with defined benefit pension plans and related provincial legislation
- Demonstrate the following competencies: strong analytical and organization skills, thoroughness, attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work in teams, self-reliance, resourcefulness
- Excellent communication, organization, presentation and negotiation skills
- Proficient with MS-Office software programs and expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
What makes you stand out:
- Visual Basic for Applications is an asset
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience in mathematics, accounting, or finance is an asset
- Basic understanding of actuarial principles is an asset
- Completion or enrolment in FSA, ASA and/or FCIA is an asset
- Fluency in French is an asset
In accordance with applicable legislation, Mercer will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need please contact [email protected]
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.