We are a Workforce Solutions company providing staffing solutions to clients globally, some of the clients being large Fortune 500 companies.
Role: Data Warehouse / Database Developer
Location: Montreal Canada H3A 2A6 Quebec
Duration: 3+ months May extend position
If ,you are interested please call me at734-335-8252 or Email me at [email protected] infotreeglobal.com
The Role Explained:
The North American IT Transversal Functions is working on implementing IT solutions to support various clients: Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, Premises & Logistics, Business Continuity Management, IT Security, etc.
We are looking for a talented individual looking to join a dynamic environment where they can raise the bar for the industry.
Responsible for the success of IT TF projects by developing new, maintaining existing and supporting a number of in-house/vendor applications from the data warehouse, database and business intelligence perspective. The work will require analyzing business requirements, interpreting and understanding technical specifications and following instruction from the team lead, peer developers, business analysts and project managers.
The scope of the engagement will include but not be limited to:
• Good working knowledge of data warehouse, database and business intelligence environments, concepts and techniques
• Strong understanding of concepts and techniques for design, development and implementation of ETL and data quality
• Review, understand, interpret and transform clearly defined technical specifications into data warehouse, database and/or business intelligence solutions
• Ability to perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples)
• Ability to perform problem analysis, structured analysis, design and programming techniques
• Use of Data Modeling, Database Query Optimization and Data Access techniques and concepts
• Database knowledge in areas of import and export, users, roles, privileges, schema and object management, session monitoring, etc.
• Code, maintain, test and provide code reviews for developed processes and procedures (e.g. queries, scripts, stored procedures, database objects, indices, triggers, etc.)
• Strong performance tuning knowledge in SQL and ability to interpret plans, identify bottlenecks in queries and remediate them
• Work proactively to solve issues and problems
• Create use cases and assist in UAT testing efforts for the developed solutions
• Document, effectively track and resolve issues in a timely manner during the development and testing phases (work with the team and end users as appropriate)
• Review and document performance
• Provide weekly progress reports of work performed
• Work with the project team to assist in other aspects of the project
• Follow and adhere development standards, the software development lifecycle, vendor application / project standards and guidelines
• Embrace the opportunity to take on special projects outside of specific roles and responsibilities
• Strong Linux administration & development experiences – 5 years of experience minimum.
• Strong Oracle database knowledge (SQL, PL/SQL, basic administration …) – 5 years of experience minimum.
• Strong Unix and Python scripting knowledge (best practices, limitations, error handling …) – 5 years of experience minimum.
• Java programming experiences is not mandatory but will be a plus.
• Experience with Computer Associates Autosys scheduler or other scheduling/monitoring tools.
• Must have banking industry experience.
• Worked in Agile environment and familiar with Waterfall & Agile development methods.
• Atlas2 Infocenter application knowledge is a huge plus.
• Knowledge on development methodologies: Waterfall
• Knowledge of CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration)
• Excellent analytical skills
• Good communication skills both oral and written to be able to work with a varied user base
Previous experience in large corporate environments (Finance preferred)
Associate Technical Recruiter
Infotree Global Solutions Inc.
You seek, We Deliver.
(734) 256-7515 (Text Now)
Mailing Address: 215 Ann Arbor Rd, Suite 304, Plymouth, MI 48170
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.