Data Warehouse Analyst
Location: Saint John, Moncton or Fredericton, New Brunswick
JD Irving is seeking a Data Warehouse Analyst as a pivotal team member to augment our growing Analytics team, reporting to the Team Lead, Business Intelligence. This role is more than building data warehouses; technological shifts have repositioned data into being one of the most valuable assets an organization possesses. This role has the rare opportunity to contribute to a data environment that will directly impact highly visible business objectives.
Using your ability to translate technical design into physical data objects and procedures, you will work closely with solution designers and business analysts to create intuitive data solutions. Your inquisitive nature and critical thinking will help you successfully troubleshoot workflows and solve complex data problems.
JDI IT: Who we are and what we offer
At our foundational core, we believe that what people experience matters more than technology.
With over 300 employees centralized in Saint John, Fredericton, Dieppe and Halifax, we offerthe opportunity to create real value by helping people and businesses work smarter. JDI IT supportsthe entire J.D. Irving Limited group of companies which means we offer opportunities and experiences across a wide breadth of IT areas, businesses and industries. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and “getting it done”!
We believe in the power of diverse teams and invest in continuous professional growth. We are seeking naturally curious change makers looking to join a collaborative and motivated team. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
What you will do:
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to JDI businesses and in solving complex data challenges
- Build and maintain our data pipelines (using Wherescape Red and Data Factory) that consolidate data from a plethora of sources, bringing relevant and timely data to the hands of decision makers
- Work closely with project and analyst teams to incorporate new data sources and systems, defining what is ingested, its meaning, and schema
- Work within scope and timeline for multiple projects of various scale across the JD Irving enterprise
- Optimize existing processes to meet evolving business needs
- Troubleshoot issues with business data and data solutions
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support business critical processes
- Continually learn and ensure adherence to best practices that are aligned with industry
What you will bring:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, sciences, math, or statistics
- 5+ years’ Experience in ETL Tools such as Alteryx, Azure Data Factory, Wherescape RED, Cognos Data Manager, and/or Microsoft SSIS
- Proficiency in working with traditional data warehouse methodologies such as ETL development and dimensional data modeling
- Skills and experience in performance tuning and optimization techniques
- Extensive knowledge working with common database systems and structures, especially SQL
- Customer-focus, drive for results, and ability to collaborate closely with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work closely with solution designers and analysts
- Demonstration of curiosity, problem solving, judgment and decision-making ability
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.