Would you like to work in a fully Agile environment? Your main objective as a Data Scientist at Equifax will be to work directly with customers to support their use of key analytical products, utilising your technical and analytical background.
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a global data, analytics, and technology company. We believe knowledge drives progress. We blend unique data, analytics and technology with a passion for serving customers globally, to create insights to power the decisions that move people forward. We serve as a consumer advocate, steward of financial literacy, and champion of economic advancement.
As an innovative global company that enables access to credit, we’re part of breakthrough collaborations and innovations that address complex social challenges such as social welfare, community relations and financial education for underprivileged youth. We establish relationships that create economically healthy communities. We help individuals gain financial independence by increasing access to capital for small businesses. And we provide young adults entering college or university with financial education tools.
Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our people makes a difference in our business. We are Powering the World with Knowledge and looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
- We offer excellent compensation packages with high-reaching market salaries, 401k matching, along with the works: comprehensive healthcare packages, schedule flexibility, collaborative work spaces, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential
- Grow at your own pace through online courses at Learning @ Equifax
What You’ll Do
- You will utilise tools, including Python, R, SQL and SAS to extract data and assist others users to improve the performance of queries.
- By working closely with customers, you will understand the objectives of their projects and be able to interpret the business need into a sound analysis plan that considers all relevant data.
- Utilising your teamwork skills, you will collaborate with the Data Management team to load new data into the environment as needed and work closely with the IT system administrators to ensure data quality remains strong.
- Effectively communicate analytical results to key partners using strong data visualizations, strong presentation skills and business language to emphasize the so what of the analysis.
- You’ll act as the primary contact for Equifax customers using Ignite solutions (Equifax product) to answer technical inquiries or provide guidance on the use of Equifax data within specific analytical methodologies.
- You will continually mine the data assets to identify emerging trends and proactively inform key partners within the assigned customers to drive and influence strategy.
- By demonstrating your experience with data visualization tools, you will improve productivity while ensuring results are consistent across the organization.
- Use advanced techniques or partner with statisticians to build out predictive models that address new opportunities for a customer based on a deep understanding of their business need
- Proven hands-on experience designing and building analytical solutions to solve real world problems, with limited direct supervision required
- 3+ years’ data manipulation experience with deep knowledge of R, Python, SAS or SQL in a large data environment
- Strong knowledge of Hadoop Tools such as Hive or Impala
- Demonstrable experience in a client-facing role with direct contact and client management responsibilities for specific deliverables
- 3+ years using advanced analytical techniques including decision trees, logistical regression, and, preferably, machine learning methodologies
- Experience or strong knowledge of a key industry including Retail Lending, Credit Cards, Mortgages, Auto Lending, Government or Telco
- Experience with data visualization tools (Spotfire, Tableau, Qlik) is an asset
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Physics (essential)
- Master’s level degree in a business-related field/MBA (preferred)
Success Attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
- Think and act differently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!
Function – Data and Analytics