It’s an exciting time to be at OSL Retail Services, working for a people focused company that’s at the top of its game. The momentum we’ve generated in recent years with our commitments to client customers, innovation, business results, and an entrepreneurial spirit has created energy, enthusiasm, and engagement among our employees that is pushing us to new heights. And we’re on the lookout for talented people who share our vision and values and want to join us in this journey. At OSL, our culture is our foundation. Passionate employees, great customer service and long-term relationships are all built upon that foundation. We value people, passion, honesty, respect and integrity.
We are currently seeking a passionate and analytical professional with extensive knowledge in the application and development of machine learning algorithms to explore and analyze multidimensional data for Samsung. The Data Scientist will build a flexible interface including models that can be updated quickly with latest market data to provide future weekly sales forecasts. The role will have the opportunity to apply hands-on statistical, data analysis, and modeling skills to oversee design, development, and execution of our defined modelling Strategy. It will also be working across all product categories in the business which means interfacing with many business leaders. The Data Scientist will be a trusted partner in the team tackling the toughest and most impactful analytical problems while making the data accessible to teammates and cross-functional colleagues.
This role is responsible for building various Machine Learning-based tools or processes such as recommendation engines or channel and consumer profiling and segmentation, End of Life planning and NPI modelling. The Data Scientist should be able to work with big data, experiment with various Machine Learning algorithms that will solve the task, create prototypes and productionize those prototypes.
What you’re responsible for:
- Deliver Bottom-Up and Top-Down modelling to fulfill our Strategy roadmap delivering key insights on consumer sales trend
- Track overall market and business trends via external data sources
- Identify key questions, problems, and KPIs using your sharp business acumen and judgment and past retail analytics experiences
- Build predictive models to better understand and forecast user’s behavior and business trends.
- Provide access to data through dashboards and other analytical tools to empower the marketing team and cross-functional partners through self-service.
- Look for opportunity to automate insights through alerting and anomaly detection.
- Identify emerging technologies in the AI and Machine learning space and develop a strategy to implement their use
- Manage projects with cross-divisional impact, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget and quality targets. Project teams will typically include staff from other departments and, often, other divisions.
To be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Math, Statistics, etc.).
- 5+ years of hands on experience in developing Big Data applications using Spark / Scala and building predictive models using Spark Machine Learning APIs
- Direct or project management experience in Supply Chain / Marketing Insights / Retail Operations / POS Analysis in CPG or Consumer Electronics industry
- Passion for, and track record of, leveraging data for business impact in a multi-channel sales and marketing environment
- Experience building tools and automated processes to extract, clean, and distill data in a procedural languages such as Python
- Understanding of A/B testing and other forms of statistical analysis
- Proven expertise in developing models using GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Decision Trees
- Experience using sklearn, pycharm, Flask, Django
- Effective data visualization skills with analytical tools, experience with tools/languages Google Analytics, Tableau, etc.
- Data modeling, ETL and data pipeline development experience and ability to write complex and performant queries in your dialect of SQL
- Proven capability to build strong partnerships and work with business partners to effectively negotiate priorities and scope of work.
- Ability to gather information and create both business and technical requirement documentation, as well as, drive the requirements process with both technical and business partners.
What we offer:
- A competitive base salary plus bonuses and other perks
- Vacation plus additional flex days
- Comprehensive benefits
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- A supportive workplace culture and work environment
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
OSL is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.