Are you our next Data Scientist?
The Data Scientist (DS) will be responsible for identifying causal inference from structured and unstructured data of our operations. The DS will utilize various supervised and unsupervised learning techniques to draw insight and gain predictive power to mission critical KPI’s that drive business objectives. The DS will report through the Operations Excellence team in our North America business and have data science responsibilities activities of our mining operations.
What will you do?
- Conducting data ETL in preparation for advanced data modeling . Applying appropriate modeling techniques such as supervised and unsupervised learning to classify, predict, or detect anomalies for value-added variables with emphasizes on explain ability . Test, debug and commission algorithms to be consumed in a real-time environment . Work with IT/OT to implement seamless interface solutions where consumption will take place.
- Collaborate with business partners to identify innovative ways to leverage data science to meet identified business objectives . Work with our IT partners to develop and apply data pipeline infrastructure to create sustainable solutions . Identify and implement best practices on code development hygiene, sharing, commenting and effectively managing change. Advocating for data-driven decision and serving as SME for Citizen Data Scientist.
- Provide feedback to the scrum master on the items hindering the velocity of progress. Participate in daily scrum meetings . Comply with EHS requirements.
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree required, major in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Data Science required
- 5 years of applied data science experience
- Examples of sustainable operationalized models
- Experience with multiple DCS/PLC platforms including Rockwell PLC RSLogix, Novatech D/3
- Strong understanding of statistics and data science concepts
- Ability to develop in Python and corresponding packages such as Pandas and Scikit Learn and API protocols
- Ability to develop in SQL syntax
- Experience in a manufacturing industry is a plus.
- Previous experience providing 24/7/365 support within an operational environment preferred
- Familiarity with project management. Agile/SCRUM experience is a plus
- Innate passion for identifying cause and effect in data
- Strong verbal, written, listening and presentation communication skills
- Ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques and strong analytical skills
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a collaborative team across the organization
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of PSM, HAZOP, LOPA, and SIS are a plus
- System, and DeltaV are preferred. Yokogawa is a plus
- Familiarity with Citizen Data Science platforms such as Rapidminer a plus
- Familiar with OSI Soft PI data historian including Process book, PI Vision and Asset Framework is preferred
- Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite specific use of PI Datalink for Excel for accessing data
- Understanding of network architecture and communication protocols is a plus
- Minitab is a plus