- Master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience working with large datasets
- 3 years of experience with statistical and data mining tools and methods
- 3 years of experience with statistical packages, such as R or SAS
- 3 years of experience working with big data in a Hadoop environment
- 3 years of experience with linear models (linear regression, generalized linear regression, logistic regression) and non-linear modeling techniques (decision trees, smoothing methods, ensemble methods)
- 3 years of experience providing predictive and prescriptive analytics in a business setting
- 3 years of experience working with SQL or other query languages
- Ph.D. in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a related field required or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of SQL
- Fluency in at least one scripting language
- Knowledge of statistical methodologies for modeling and business analytics
- Knowledge using analysis tools (e.g., R, SAS, Weka)
- Knowledge of data visualization tools
The Data Scientist is responsible for performing data mining, predictive modeling and forecasting to provide actionable insights and strategic direction for business leaders.
The Data Scientist delves into the recesses of large datasets of structured, semistructured and unstructured data to discover hidden knowledge about our business and to develop methods to leverage that knowledge within our line of business.
- Develop predictive and prescriptive statistical or behavioral models from large sets of structured and unstructured data
- Identify methods that allow continuous and automated statistical testing to enhance the predictability of deployed models
- Communicate results to clients, team members and business leaders
- Collect data for ad hoc and statistical analysis
- Own the deployment of applicable models for business projects
- Communicate complex analyses, conclusions and solutions clearly to all audiences
- Work with project managers to develop detailed project timelines
Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 – 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 7 consecutive years, 2014 through 2020, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was once again named to FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2019 and has been included in the magazine’s top one-third of companies named to the list for the past 16 consecutive years. In addition, Essence Magazine named Quicken Loans the “#1 Place to Work in the Country for African Americans.”
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
The Company has policies to support applicants with disabilities, including, but not limited to, policies regarding the provision of accommodations that take into account an applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability. For more information, please call us at (800) 411-JOBS or email us at [email protected] .