WSP is one of the world’s leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
FLEXIBLE LOCATIONS ACROSS THE GTA
WSP is looking for a strong web developer with a data science background who is comfortable in both worlds, that can contribute to ambitious ML-based projects, but also help us build applications at the pace required by the business. WSP is open to having this position based from home for the foreseeable future. As we transition back to an in-office environment, we expect employees to have access to one of our regional offices in the GTA.
Digital Lab Background
The Digital Lab is responsible for leading digital transformation within WSP Canada by providing full end-to-end design and development capabilities across the enterprise. We are a dedicated team that explores specific areas of interest during a defined time and space. We quickly build and test products while working with a wide variety of open source and commercial technologies. We’re an open and passionate team with creative ideas focused on enhancing our company for our employees and clients.
- Develop robust, high-performance solutions for transforming the various data sources produced by other parts of the business into training data, inputs to models, and actionable insights
- Develop predictive models to help inform business decisions
- Stay abreast of current technologies
- Contribute and participate in the analysis and recommendation of new strategies and/or technologies
- Work with web developers to integrate ML model into applications
- Comfortable developing web applications – both front-end and back-end development as well as database architecture
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Adhere to the best DevOps practices
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Support and improve existing tools
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in both web development and data science
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Familiar with version control (Azure DevOps preferred)
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar field
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling, and software architecture
- Deep knowledge of maths, probability, statistics, and algorithms
- Ability to write robust code in Python
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras, PyTorch, or Tensorflow) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Experience with Jupyter, Google Colab, or another notebook environment
- Experience with deploying ML models to production environments
- Experience with Apache spark and RAPIDS is an asset
Full-Stack Web Development:
- Experience with front end frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue, or others
- Experience with back-end language (C# preferred) and .Net framework
- Experience with SQL databases is an asset (MS SQL preferred)
- Experience with Azure SQL, Azure Functions, and other PAS services
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS) is an asset
Nice to Have:
- Experience using business intelligence tools is an asset (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Familiar with the Agile development
- Experience in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction industry.
- Active in machine learning community and/or web development community
- Comfortable leading a project with multiple team members
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.