The OneDrive and SharePoint Data Science team’s charter is to foster a data-driven culture to encourage and enable the entire organization to make more informed decisions through data. Our data and analytics team works closely with engineering, marketing, finance, and business leaders to identify opportunities for improving the customer experience and accelerate our business’s growth in support of this mission. We analyze historical data to understand salient trends, deliver standardized views of business performance, develop models to predict performance, recommend actions to be taken, and run experiments to prove that desired outcomes are being achieved.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join a new team focused on unlocking value for Microsoft customers by understanding product usage patterns across the entirety of Microsoft 365 (Viva Connections, Cortex, Syntex, OneDrive, Lists, SharePoint, and beyond). This is a unique opportunity to bring your knowledge of Consumer and Commercial offerings, as well as your deep understanding of data science methods and best practices, to help Microsoft deliver the best experience possible for our customers and partners. You will be joining a group of experts on the front lines of synthesizing vast customer purchase and engagement behavior data sets into targeted recommendations for addressing real-world business challenges at scale.
We arelooking for you to bring a fresh perspective andyour unique voice to our team.
- Work cross functionally to translate business problems into ones that can be solved and informed by data analysis
- Have curiosity and apply analytical skills to d ive deep into data to find key insights that impact the business.
- Develop models of usage, user behavior & business behavior to make recommendations and influence the product road map .
- Work with other teams across Microsoft to develop key metrics to achieve business outcomes .
- Be a champion of AB testing. Design, execute and analyze experiments to prove product change attribution.
- Utilize tools like Data Bricks, R, Python, SQL to execute analyses
- Show strong passion for & understand the need to deliver the right business impact by working with stakeholders to turn business problems into data analysis questions and unearthing deep insights from data.
- Have a track record of innovative thinking and problem-solving skills using Big Data.
- Be self-driven and show the ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data.
- Understanding of the practical uses of statistics (i.e. experimentation, sampling)
- Professional experience with large-scale computing systems like Hadoop, MapReduce, and/or similar systems.
- Strong skills in SQL, R, Python, Databricks, or related tools for large-scale analysis.
- Excellent communications & interpersonal skills. Ability to convince other strong personalities of their ideas and communicate complex analysis & insights to a non-technical audience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.