Area of expertise:
Are you a forward thinking, tech savvy Data Platform Cloud Solutions Architect looking to make an impact with the world’s largest Microsoft consulting company? If you’re the type of person to help drive high priority customer initiatives across vertical industries, please keep reading.
In conjunction with customers and Microsoft’s Enterprise account segment of our business, together we accomplish cutting edge, business changing solutions. This is a client facing role that focuses on Data Platform Modernization and includes some Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence concepts.
As an Azure Data Solutions Architect you are heavily involved in the sales process, helping drive our already impressive business growth.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Applying your continually growing technical knowledge to design solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure ML, ML Server, BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure, Databricks, etc.)
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be a Voice of the customer to share insights and best practices, connect with internal and MSFT Engineering team
- Assess the customers’ knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform,
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educating customers on the Azure platform
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities!
Experiences Required – Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
- 7+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- 5+ years’ experience working with large complex enterprise accounts architecting cloud solutions for data estate workloads
- 5+ years implementing large scale data projects within the cloud environment
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence remote teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, database migrations, and technology management. required
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following Data Platform Cloud solutions required:
- SQL including OSS (postgre, MySQL etc), Azure SQL
- NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc), Cosmos DB
- Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query
- Data storage technologies such as MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Azure Cosmos DB and Azure SQL.
- Data Governance
- Data Engineering
- Expertise in data estate workloads like HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Python required
- Technical Capability and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trend required
- Knowledge of Competitors: Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred
You likely possess an advanced degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, or machine learning. At Avanade we also support an equivalent combination of education and experience.