At Neo, we empower people to get the most out of their money and time. We’re a tech company reimagining everyday banking from the ground up to create rewarding experiences and build community for all Canadians. We’re looking for passionate go-getters who want to move fast and create a lasting impact.
Neo Financial is looking for a full-time Data, Insights & Analytics Expert to join our team in Calgary. Our Strategy team navigates through a fast-paced environment and knows how to switch gears to adapt to any scenario. They’re motivated leaders who want to make things better, simpler and stronger. Make your mark with transformative products and technologies, alongside some of Canada’s most successful leaders and tech minds.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the extraction and analysis of complex information from a variety of databases or a data warehouse
- Analyze data to help determine insights to solve business problems or identify new opportunities
- Build statistical, descriptive and predictive models to support experimentation that are easily understood and operationalized
- Conduct statistical analysis and hypothesis testing to improve forecasting, targeting and performance measurement
- Contribute to the growth and development of the team and its members
- Support the development and operations of data products working collaboratively with Product, Engineering, Growth, Marketing, Compliance, and Operations groups on cross functional outcomes
- Strictly adhere to legal and compliance guidelines; regarding access and exposure to sensitive and confidential information
Who we’re looking for:
- University Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or other relevant fields
- Understanding of data strategies such as data lake, data warehouse, data mart, etc.
- Programming skills with Python, R or similar languages used for data analytics
- Exposure to Amazon AWS data products including RedShift
- Expertise with SQL databases and experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with DataBricks and similar tools is an asset
- Experience in BI platform and data visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Domo, Qlik, etc.), focus on cloud or saas tools an asset
- Expertise with spreadsheets and creating ad-hoc reports
What will help you succeed:
- High level sense of ownership with an entrepreneurial mindset, this is a fast-paced environment where maturity and experience are key factors
- Ability to identify, understand and articulate needs, generate opportunities, and suggest approaches for addressing issues
What it’s like to work with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and realize a better financial future. It’s a serious deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know a thing or two about having fun. Our entrepreneurial environment gets our adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job. We’re in it together, always. Gain hands-on experience and be part of the future.
About applying with Neo:
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.