Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Reporting to the Director, Communications Operations & Strategy, the Data Insights Analyst, Communications has a key role of gathering, monitoring, evaluating, distilling and presenting data around Manulife’s social media, external communication and internal communication. Most importantly, the role is the central person responsible for communications impact measurement – unearthing insights around internal and external audience engagement to improve strategies to engage these audiences.
The ideal candidate thrives within a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This individual is committed to service excellence and building effective relationships across the marketing and communications teams. At the cross-roads between communications and data analysis, this individual will bring a passion for measurement, a knack for building meaningful insights and skill around telling the story around the data in a compelling way.
What type of work will I do?
- Develop a strategy and provide guidance/support on campaigns and projects using available data, measurement tools and channels.
- Develop regular reporting on specific initiatives (corporate/CEO social, internal comm dashboard) that highlights trends and insights to drive strategy.
- Create a strategy that facilitates broad self-serve access to data that will help drive partner decision-making (eg dynamic dashboards).
- Partner with other parts of the organization in the development of measurement tools, approaches and specific reports.
- Lead projects that will improve data capture and measurement (eg onboarding BananaTag email measurement tool).
- Conduct social listening and recurring/ad hoc reporting to capture insights that help protect the Manulife/John Hancock reputation.
- Audit current measurement tools and data.
- Build an engagement model with team members that fosters collaboration, accountability and delivers on a proactive measurement strategy.
- Unearth and articulate meaningful insights from data that drives action and better decision making around internal/external communication and social media programs.
- Identify gaps in data and work with internal partners to find practical and innovative solutions to bridge these gaps.
- Establish and manage a workable approach to sharing data (eg format, cadence, qualitative vs quantitative) with internal teams.
- Find creative ways to link lower value metrics (eg views, opens, time on page) to higher value outcomes (eg engagement, net promoter score, cost efficiency, etc) and recommend methods to pilot and institutionalize this higher level of impact.
What will be expected from Me?
- University degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Data Sciences or equivalent work experience with a minimum 5 years of progressive work experience within a communications and marketing function and/or agency.
- Experience in data gathering and analysis, and presentation of insights.
- Experience with data management and presentation tools (eg Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Power BI, Hootsuite, Brandwatch/Meltwater, social collaboration software, Powerpoint, Excel, Word).
- Strong communication skills – ability to write in a clear, concise and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills; ability to work effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that improve organizational effectiveness.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills in assessing data needs, building an effective, balanced strategy and communicating insights in a clear, relatable way to drives action
- Sense of urgency and dedication to timelines. Skills include time management and organization skills; ability to prioritize multiple initiatives and re-adjust priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data /information/activities effectively.
We bring a bold ambition and set of goals to drive transformation in our industry, a mission for “Decisions made easier. Lives made better”, a leadership team dedicated to your growth and success as well as our best, every day!
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.