Join our team
The TELUS Data & Trust Office provides world-class, innovative privacy solutions to TELUS. We partner with teams across the organization to advance our corporate priorities, support innovation and ultimately deliver on our promise to safeguard our customer’s privacy and to earn and maintain their trust. We see compliance with the law as our starting point and we passionately pursue opportunities to demonstrate respect for our customers and their data through transparent, robust, and ethical data practices.
Our team takes pride in earning a reputation for being innovative thought-leaders, strategic business partners and subject-matter experts in privacy and data governance.
TELUS recognizes the great potential of data to meet business needs in our world today, consistent with our position on social capitalism. Data governance supports TELUS’ commitment to respectfully treat data in a manner that fosters innovation and at the same time mitigates the array of privacy, security and ethical risks. We earn our stakeholders trust- across the business and with our customers- using the data governance principles of accountability, ethical use and transparency to deliver value from data, in accordance with the TELUS Trust model.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As the Data Governance Analyst, reporting to the Director of Data Ethics & Governance, you will materially influence the ongoing development of TELUS’ data governance program. You will work with a cross-functional group focused on enabling the growth of the business along with the responsible use of data. At the same time, you will be an integral member of the Data Ethics & Governance team. This team is tasked with solving some of our organization’s most complex challenges while building a thriving community of practice around data ethics and data governance.
You will be a champion for data governance and you will advocate for TELUS’ Trust Model as the fundamental driver for all of our decisions around data, recognizing how critical customer and team member trust is to TELUS’ mission. Your contributions on the data governance program will be an integral part of our commitment to leverage data in a respectful manner and our thought-leadership on anticipating challenges at the intersection of privacy, ethics, technology and data.
- Contribute to the implementation of a data governance program that helps TELUS organize and understand data to exceed stakeholder customers while simultaneously ensuring TELUS’ ability to respectfully leverage data assets to deliver value
- Lead the development and oversight of the records management program, including educating and advising business primes on best practices for records retention, the information management life cycle and data governance
- Facilitate and continuously improve the development and implementation of data governance policies, best practices and adoption across the enterprise
- Collaborate with team members to develop processes for documenting and understanding data flows and lineage in adherence to TELUS’ data governance policies
- Facilitate the implementation of the Data Steward program and support the Enterprise Data Council and Architecture and Data Governance Steering Committee
- Oversee document management processes, including maintenance of data governance documentation, templates, meeting logs, metrics and progress reports
- Support business units across TELUS by coordinating stakeholder engagement, input and dialogue on data governance and ensure data is managed in accordance with policies and processes
- Partner with various stakeholders within TELUS and external partners, as required, to provide data and information management control advice or promote TELUS’ thought leadership in data governance as part of key strategic projects, special investigations or ad-hoc initiatives
- Learn continuously, innovate every day and seek opportunities to develop and demonstrate thought-leadership
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Strong understanding of best-in-class principles for data management, data analytics, business intelligence and records management
- Recognized for your leadership capabilities to collaborate and accomplish goals with others
- Demonstrated track record of defining and delivering measurable outcomes in a highly complex stakeholder environment
- Effective in written communication and verbally communicating progress on initiatives in leadership forums
- Trusted as a collaborative partner who will act with integrity to fulfill TELUS’ commitments to its customers
- Recognized for your excellent interpersonal skills to build and foster relationships across all levels of the organization
- Known for your ability to influence and negotiate effectively, to be a persuasive advocate
- Sought after for your excellent and problem solving skills and your ability to distill complex and/or ambiguous problems into clear, actionable requirements
- Highly adaptable, and comfortable working in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- University degree and/or 3-5 years of working experience in information management
- Knowledge of industry best practices including: DAMA International Body of Knowledge; ARMA; IAPP
- Bilingualism in English & French, verbal and/or written
- Project management experience
- Experience working in a large, matrixed organization
Who is TELUS?We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.