Why KPMG Lighthouse Exponential?
Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Lighthouse Exponential – KPMG Canada’s Center of Excellence for Data & Analytics + Intelligent Automation – applies data science to solve real-world business problems and operationalize AI. Join a diverse team which is always curious and learning, thinking independently and working collaboratively, has a passion to solve difficult problems and has fun doing it.
KPMG Lighthouse Exponential Toronto has an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer, Consultant intern to join our team Summer 2021! This role will be a rewarding experience for you if you:
- Thrive on challenges and work best in a fast-paced environment where each day is different
- Work well in a project team environment and have strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Have a permanent “figure it out” mindset
Video: Digital Opportunities
What you will do
- Work in terms or individuals to performance ETL (extract, transform and load) of data from a variety of databases, from SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Neo4j, etc.
- Strong experience with large scale and or distributed processing methodologies such as Storm, Spark and many others.
- Review data quality and definitions, and perform data cleansing and data management tasks.
- Work with the engagement team to translate business and analytics requirements into a data strategy for the engagement including ETL, data model and staging data for analysis
- Architect the data platform for scalability, repeatability and performance.
- Develop standards for data processes and automate routine tasks.
- Run queries for descriptive analytics and provide formatted result sets.
- Proactively contribute to the creation of presentation materials relating to data activities for stakeholder discussions.
- Support application testing and production implementation as required.
- Bridge the gap between technical platform needs and business issues.
- Enable overall solution and full-scope architecture design and build.
- Design software architecture following best practices after understanding customer requirements enterprise environments.
What you bring to the role
- Strong experience working in teams to perform ETL (extract, transform and load) of data from a variety of databases from SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Neo4j, etc.
- Independent ability to review the data quality and data definitions, and perform data cleansing and data management tasks
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team to tack unstructured data processing problems across a diverse range of industries
- Strong ability to use Python, Panda and NumPy for data analysis and cleansing tasks
Keys to your success:
- Ability to explain data and analytics concepts to non-technical team members.
- Ability to apply data and analytics concepts to business problems.
- Ability to understand and explain business value of data and analytics concepts.
- Knowledge of basic machine learning to collaborate with the team on ML projects
- Experience in visual exploration to perform data discovery and highlight insights
- Knowledge of how specific visual components drive usability and understanding
- A knack at telling a story with purpose. Strong facilitation and collaboration abilities to conduct discussions and workshop with engineers and business analyst to advocate for positive user experience and recommend potential solutions to identified problems
The application deadline is Tuesday, January 19th, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
If you are part of the Waterloo Coop program, please apply directly through Waterloo Works.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: [email protected] or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at [email protected] .