Do you want to be a part of an organization that:
– gives back to the community
– has leadership that inspires, coaches and mentors
– allows you to speak up and be heard
– AND … likes to have FUN?
What about tech? Cutting edge solutions? Big Data and AI? Pelmorex has all of that covered!
Founded in 1989, Pelmorex has become an international weather information and data management company. We own and operate the popular weather brands: The Weather Network, MeteoMedia, Eltiempo.es, Clima and Otempo.pt. We also operate the National Alert Aggregation and Dissemination (NAAD) System, which is the technical backbone of Alert Ready, Canada’s Emergency Alerting System.
As a Data Privacy Engineer, you will play a critical role in designing and implementing new processes and tools to further protect the privacy of our users. You will work closely with data engineers and product managers to understand how we use first and third-party data. You will propose and implement innovative privacy-first solutions (crypto-shredding, audit trail, data loss prevention) to further improve the privacy of our data pipeline and products.
What’s the Day to Day Like…
- Live and breathe Big Data and analytics systems such as Big Query, Big Table, Google Cloud Dataflow and Apache Spark;
- Utilize hybrid cloud-based infrastructure (Google and AWS and on-premise) to protect and anonymize massive volumes of data;
- Have a privacy-by-design mentality when approaching a problem, proposing solutions that protect the privacy of our users;
- Create robust pipelines that allow data scientists and analysts to query data without exposing sensitive data;
- Contribute with development best practices and experiment with new ideas;
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to identify creative solutions for protecting our data, and plan and execute key projects from concept to production
Qualifications (Must Haves)
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in computer science / software engineering, preferably focused on data mining, machine learning, or related quantitative fields;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;Deep knowledge of SQL, Map
- Reduce and other Big Data languages and processing frameworks;
- Experience designing and coding data pipelines in Java and/or Python;Understanding of cryptographic terminologies such as crypto-shredding, AEAD, SHA256 and symmetric/asymmetric encryption;
- Knowledge of Apache Airflow, Big Query Policies, Big Table (HBase), Cloud Key Management and Apache Beam is an asset;
- Big plus if you have knowledge of the advertising domain and its technology stack
Our Promise to you…
We’re highly focused on doing the right thing.
We’ll discuss issues and timelines professionally, so you have the time you need to do the best work you can
You will see the result of your work pushed out to real users quickly
We’re a team that enjoys learning new technologies and we’re open to trying new things
We’ll try our best not to bog you down with boring meetings
Through constant innovation and entrepreneurship, Pelmorex has grown to reach consumers around the globe, has become one of the largest weather information providers and has broken new ground in providing data solutions and insights to businesses. Through harnessing the value of weather, Pelmorex is driven to make the world smarter and safer for consumers and businesses. #youwanttoworkhere