At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM’s global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work. IBM’s state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
The CIC NS is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide – for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
We are very focused on continuous skill development – staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth
Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia’s ICT industry, especially in talent development.
We are currently recruiting for top talent in Data Engineer – Master Data Management. If you are on top of your profession and possess the following key skills, we invite you to apply to our openings. Below are the Responsibilities for the position include:
- Write new programs or modify existing programs to meet customer requirements, using current programming languages and technologies.
- Verify the structure, accuracy, or quality of warehouse data.
- Perform system analysis, data analysis or programming, using a variety of computer languages and procedures.
- Implement business rules via stored procedures, middleware, or other technologies
- Develop and implement data extraction procedures from other systems, such a CRM systems and HR systems.
- Develop or maintain standards, such as organization, structure, or nomenclature, for the design of data warehouse elements, such as data architectures, models, tools, and databases
- Provide or coordinate troubleshooting support for data warehouses
- Creates supporting documentation and administrative reports (e.g. Data models, Design documentation, System Architectures and timesheets)
- Review and interprets all documentation including business requirements, functiona and technical design specifications, etc
- Nice to Have: Experience with DB2
- Possess good communication and writing skills
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years of experience managing data integration between application
- 4+ years of experience in architecting, designing and configuring Informatica MDM.
- 4+ years of relevant data management consulting or industry experience (master data, metadata, data architecture, data governance, data quality, data modeling)
- 2+ years’ experience with Informatica MDM multi-domain edition or one of the 360 solutions in architecting, designing, and configuring solutions.
- 2+ years of experience leading workstreams with significant experience leading components of data engagements and team sizes ranging from 3 to 10 resources.
- Practical experience with Websphere MDM v11.5
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6+ years of experience managing data integration between application
- 6+ years of experience in architecting, designing and configuring Informatica MDM.
- 6+ years of relevant data management consulting or industry experience (master data, metadata, data architecture, data governance, data quality, data modeling)
- 4+ years’ experience with Informatica MDM multi-domain edition or one of the 360 solutions in architecting, designing, and configuring solutions.
- 4+ years of experience leading workstreams with significant experience leading components of data engagements and team sizes ranging from 3 to 10 resources.
- Practical experience with Websphere MDM v11.5
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Key Job Details
- Country: CA
- State: NOVA SCOTIA
- City: Bedford
- Category: Technical Specialist
- Required Education: Associate’s Degree/College Diploma
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Company: (0026) IBM Canada Limited – IBM Canada Limitee
- Req ID: 337753BR
- Travel Required: Up to 10% or 1 day a week
- Min Salary:
- Max Salary:
- Location: Bedford, NS CA