Requisition ID: 98976
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Within Scotiabank’s Global Compliance department, the Data Analytics team is looking to hire a Data Engineer. The Data Engineer will contribute to the overall success of our team and work closely with business analysts, data scientists and data engineers to address business opportunities. The successful candidate will have to understand the business needs and requirements to support and enhance our analytics function. We are looking for an individual with a passion for data, interested in its applications within Compliance and be a team player.
- Provides technical expertise in designing and implementing data pipelines to support the Data Analytics team in Compliance.
- Builds data features to support our data scientist and business, used for modeling, reporting and ad-hoc analysis.
- Builds and maintains proper documentation, data lineage and extract-transform-load (ETL) processes
- Creates dashboards to share data insights with the business.
- Participates in “hands-on” code promotion to production and ensures the use of proper data governance procedures.
- Maintains a good understanding of the Bank’s business strategies, policies, risk management and IT processes and disciplines.
- University degree in relevant STEM discipline (Computer Sciences, Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics).
- 2+ years of experience in cleaning, transforming and visualizing data sets working from various data formats (e.g. unstructured logs, XML, JSON, flat files).
- Have hands-on programming experience and advanced knowledge of SQL and Python.
- Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, EMR, etc) and promoting data pipelines to production.
- Experience with agile methodologies, source control management and building processes
- Excellent communication skills, with a strong customer-focus.
- Experience in implementing and managing visualization tools such as Power BI, or Tableau.
- Nice-to-have experience with statistical analysis and machine learning with common machine learning libraries in R or Python.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.