Are you passionate about using Big Data to build customer trust and grow new business? Global advertisers rely on our team’s performance insights to drive future investment in Amazon’s Advertising Platform and improve the relevance of ads shown to customers. We are looking for passionate Data Engineers to own and optimize the big data pipeline that consumes the massive data sources we require to generate unique insights. Data is at the center of every product we will develop as we create brand new systems that serve the needs of our large and growing base of advertisers.
You will share in the ownership of the technical vision and direction for advanced analytics and insight products. You will be a part of a team of top notch technical professionals developing complex systems at scale and with a focus on sustained operational excellence. Members of this team will be challenged to innovate using big data technologies. We are looking for people who are motivated by thinking big, moving fast, and changing the way customers use data to drive profitability. If you love to implement solutions to hard problems while working hard, having fun, and making history, this may be the opportunity for you!
Amazon is well positioned to grow its share of a fast growing online advertising industry due to its unique assets – e-commerce data, service oriented architecture, and startup culture. Be part of a team of industry leading experts that builds and operates one of the largest big data analytics platform at Amazon. Amazon is applying the latest machine learning and big data technologies available to change the way marketers purchase, track, measure, and optimize their advertising spend. We apply these technologies on terabytes of data (over 10B new events per day) and operate clusters that push scalability limits of the existing technologies. We seek to measure every possible signal indicating impact of advertising to provide the most objective result of marketing spends.
• 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
• 5+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
• Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
• Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, Presto, etc.)
• Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
• Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern scripting or programming language such as Python, NodeJS, Java, or Scala.
• Experience working with and tuning AWS big data technologies (EMR, Spark/Hive, S3). Experience working with SQL based systems and building data pipelines.
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.