Established in 2002, Zafin is the award-winning global leader in cloud-based product and pricing solutions for banks, enabling its clients to create and execute innovative products and propositions to respond to market challenges and opportunities at speed. The company is transforming the banking industry-catalyzing core modernization and digital transformation strategies, enabling improved customer experiences, driving revenue, and increasing operational efficiency across the globe. Zafin’s platform is proven. The company has high impact installations in place delivering value at more than 30 banks worldwide.
Zafin is privately owned and operates out of multiple global locations including North America, Europe, and Australia. Zafin is backed by significant financial partners committed to accelerating the company’s growth, fueling innovation and ensuring Zafin’s enduring value as a leading provider of cloud-based solutions to the financial services sector.
Zafin is proud to be recognized as a top employer. In Canada and India, we are certified as a “Great Place to Work”. The Great Place to Work program recognizes employers who invest in and value their people and organizational culture. The company’s culture is driven by strategy and focused on execution. We make and keep our commitments.
What is the opportunity?
We’re building a next-generation analytics product to help banks maximize the financial wellness of their clients. Reporting to the SVP Analytics, the Data Engineer will be responsible for defining, designing and building analytics products. You will be the lead engineer for the product team that will bring this transformative capability to the market.
If you are passionate about building hi-tech products, comfortable with ambiguity, have the lateral skills to go from roadmap to architecture to code and most importantly, if you want to apply your engineering chops to make an impact, then talk to us.
Location: Ottawa, Canada
What will you do?
- Build the data pipeline to ingest data from source systems to a cloud-based data warehouse (e.g., Snowflake) and perform required data transformations.
- Develop the analytics product from prototyping to production-quality code.
- Implement processes to monitor data quality and the health of the data pipeline.
- Implement test cases for the data pipelines and the data intensive application.
- Define and extend the data model required to power the analytics use-cases.
- Contribute to the analytics strategy and help set up the data infrastructure stack.
- Apply software engineering best practices to analytics code (e.g., version control, testing, CI/CD).
What do I need to succeed?
- Bachelors’ of Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 1+ years of experience as a Software or Data engineer.
- Experience with Java or Python.
- Demonstrated expertise of engineering data intensive applications.
- Ability to work with large datasets, including the skills to establish scalable data pipelines.
- Schema design for data warehouses, preferably with cloud-native data warehouses.
Nice to have:
- Domain knowledge of banking and financial institutions.
- Full stack development spanning front-end (e.g., Angular, Vue) and backend (e.g., Python, Java, Postgres).
- Knowledge of setting up machine-learning pipelines and deploying ML models into production.
- Knowledge of streaming analytics.
What’s in it for you?
If you work with us, we expect you’ll show the spirit, drive, and intellect that makes you great. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits, and excellent opportunities for professional and personal growth. If you believe you are up for the challenge, please apply.
Zafin welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply for This Job