We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
Technology redefines the way we work and deliver to meet business needs and elevate the customer experience. You’ll be part of an organization that is embracing modern technology, innovation and agile ways of working.
Our Canada Technology team is a strategic partner in our business – with an ambition to be a forward-thinking, agile technology organization delivering secure, resilient and leading solutions that support Canada Life and the well-being of millions of Canadians.
We are looking for a Data Engineer
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: London or Toronto
Our data aspiration is to unlock the power of connected data to deliver continuous value for our customers, our partners, and our company with trust and integrity. The position is central to our ability to do so. The Data Engineering role is responsible for creating connected data products for self-services across the organization within the boundaries of our data policy, standards, and controls.
What you will do
- Build data products for Canadian use: design, curate, and publish self-service connected datasets within proper controls for use across Canada (one stop data shop)
- Build data asset inventory: while building connected data, inventory critical data elements including lineage, classification, and usage (google for Canada Life data)
- Build insights: complete data analysis and discovery to better understand the data and the story it is telling to drive actionable results
- Influence Data Quality: complete data profiling of critical data elements, providing trending and insights that driven action to improve data quality across our customer base.
- Loves teamwork and collaboration: collaborates on a daily basis with the core data squad team and business
- Open to learning and sharing: excited to share learnings with others across the company, including senior leadership and community of practice participation
- Recommend improvements to data engineering and governance practices across our company
What you will bring
- Mathematics and/or Computer Science degree
- 3-5+ years of applied data management experience (Data & Analytics education an asset)
- Expertise and knowledge of R, Python, Zeppelin, PowerBI and Azure Cloud platform
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and strong organization skills
- Agile, practical, customer service-oriented mindset (doesn’t over complicate processes)
- Generally curious and excited to learn new things
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada’s top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted