Our Precima team helps retailers turn shopper insights into strategic advantage. We leverage our deep expertise in data science and technology to mine shopper data, uncovering what drives consumer decision making. By using advanced modeling, artificial intelligence and cloud-based SaaS solutions, we are able to put these insights at the fingertips of our clients.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll be part of a team of smart, highly skilled engineers and data scientists who are proud to partner with some of the world’s leading retailers on challenging, cutting-edge, data driven solutions, powered by technology, and people.
What you'll do
- Lead the design, development and implementation of new and existing data processing solutions; enabling teams to be more efficient and effective in analyzing data and getting to insights faster
- A key contributor in providing data integration and management solutions to a diverse team of data analysts and data scientists as they develop best-in-class analytics solutions
- Lead data architecture efforts in support of key analytics innovations that involve multiple internal and/or external (client) stakeholders
- Develop efficient queries to retrieve appropriate datasets from relational databases
- Design, implement and maintain performance of reliable data pipelines and interfaces that feed various analytics applications, both structured and unstructured data
- Create, implement, and maintain data transformation processes
- Work alongside key stakeholders within the team to put data processing solutions into production environment
We're looking for people who have
- Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems degree (or equivalent combination of skill and experience)
- Experience with complex data engineering/architecture related projects
- Experience with a broad array of development tools and platforms including a strong Linux background and big data management tools/languages such as Python, Java and Scala
- Experience with developing REST APIs and microservices
- Expertise in relational database design and data modelling and excellent SQL coding skills
- Experience with Cloud platforms – AWS, Azure, Snowflake
About NielsenIQ Precima
NielsenIQ Precima is a wholly owned business under the NielsenIQ brand. Precima is a global, innovative data science company that helps retailers turn shopper insights into strategic advantage. Our solutions leverage the full power of customer-centric retailing to drive transformative change across businesses.
Many retailers feel like they’re drowning in data, but don’t have to. Our data scientists use advanced modeling and artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities to mine shopper data, uncover what drives shoppers’ decisions and identify leading ways to optimize retail strategy. Our cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions put actionable customer insights at the fingertips of marketing and merchandising decision-makers and enable you to share these insights with suppliers. For more information, visit www.precima.com .
NielsenIQ Precima is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com .
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Videos To Watch