Are you passionate about leveraging large volumes of data sets to draw deep insights designed to improve business strategies and customer experience? We are building theIntelligent Conversation and Communications Cloud (IC3). We power Microsoft’s first-party real-time conversation products, notably Skype and Teams with many millions of users, by providing reliable and high-quality audio and video calling, meetings, and chat services thatwork every time, fromanywhere, onany device.
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines and back-end services for real-time decisioning, reporting, optimization, data collection, and related functions
- Create and main SLAs on data reporting through PBI reports and dashboards
- Manage automated unit and integration test suites
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with a small, motivated team of engineers and product managers
- Experiment with and recommend new technologies that simplify or improve the tech stack
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5+ years of experience in Data Engineering
- Architecting, building, and maintaining end-to-end, high-throughput data systems and their supporting services
- Designing data systems that are secure, testable, and modular, particularly in Python, as well as their support infrastructure (shell scripts, job schedulers, message queues, etc.)
- Designing efficient data structures and database schemas
- Working with distributed systems architecture
- Incorporating data processing and workflow management tools into pipeline design
- Using profiling tools, debugging logs, performance metrics, and other data sources to make code- and application-level improvements
- Developing for continuous integration and automated deployments
- Utilizing a variety of data stores, including data warehouses, RDBMSes, in-memory caches, and searchable document DBs
- Wrangling large-scale data sets
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.