We’re embarking on something BIG…
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
Because of COVID19, all Central 1 offices are currently closed to non-essential employees. This role will see you working remotely until our offices are reopened. The timeline to reopen is still under consideration, as are our future remote working policies.
As a Data Engineering you will be responsible for supporting Central 1’s data analysis and reporting within the Application Management and Data function.
You will be building full analytical solutions and interpret data for use in the development of business strategies for our Credit Union clients.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, develop, and enhance key algorithms
- Follow a scientific experimental procedure, with lightweight documented hypotheses and outcomes
- Use appropriate visualizations for a given metric or nature of data
- Understand business needs and translate data into KPIs and actionable outcomes
- Understand linkage between a variety of data sources
- Maintain analytical solutions and collaborate to maintain our data lake
- Perform research when required to understand a problem and present possible solution
- Stay on top of the latest research in related areas, especially deep learning / artificial intelligence
- Know enough about statistics and experimental design techniques to provide insights not originally known
- Accepts full responsibility for individual performance, ensuring priorities are met, standards are followed
- Accountable for Workstream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions
- Develop and manage business intelligence solutions
- Developing BI recommendations based on stakeholder feedback, User experience (UX) interpretation of feedback
- Designs descriptive and intuitive Business Intelligence capabilities in support of strategic priorities.
- Includes gathering business requirements, data mining all data sources, building prototypes and oversight of developing the solution and delivering the end product
- Recommends ways to improve the efficiency and productivity of current BI solutions in order to be able to increase workload capacity
- Defines and develops concise, standardized, and sharable metrics and dimensions to support initiatives
- Tests new attributes that will be implemented onto the data warehouse and leverages across all business performance management solutions
- Ensuring the right product is built
What you'll have:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent analytical experience required
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical/data engineering role
- 5+ years’ experience in Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, Data Management or related field
- Hands on experience supporting management reporting (i.e., Comparative Analysis, Financial Analytics, Predictive Modelling, Forecasting, etc.)
- Advanced usage of Excel macros and program modules
- 2-4 years’ experience using Tableau
- 2-4 years Plotly/Dash user experience
- 2-4 years AWS
- Strong understanding of database and business intelligence concepts
- Experience with statistical analysis and modelling
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience developing visualizations with BI tools (Tableau, Plotly/Dash or similar)
- Proven ability to prepare, maintain and publish ETL documentation, including source-to-target mappings and business-driven transformation rules
- Demonstrated attention to detail and maintaining high quality standards
- Good analytical strategic mindset
- Follows Quality Control standards
- Has a sense of urgency for time sensitive materials
- Working knowledge of Splunk
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by creating an environment where everyone feels like they belong and has the opportunity to be successful. We are welcoming of all applicants and we will provide an accessible candidate experience.
Reporting to: Technical Product Director, Data Analytics
Date Posted: December 14, 2020
Internal Applicant due date: December 21, 2020
External Applicant due date: December 28, 2020
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia or Mississauga or Toronto, Ontario