Category: Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
City: Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Position ID: J0920-1795
Employment Type: Full Time
Give your career a boost.
The information technology (IT) sector is in the midst of an extraordinary period. Organisations’s digital transformation is accelerating, and CGI is at the forefront of this evolution. We accompany our clients in their transformation and innovation process, which allows us to offer our professionals exciting career opportunities.
CGI’s success rests on the talent and engagement of our professionals. Together, we take on challenges and share in the benefits derived from our company’s growth. This approach reinforces our shareholder-owner culture, all our professionals thus benefit from the value we collectively create.
Join us to participate in the growth of one of the world’s largest information technology (IT) and business consulting companies.
You love technology? You like working with people and data on actual projects? You are curious by nature and like to challenge established ideas? If you are a passionate person with contagious energy, have demonstrated initiative and like teamwork, we would like you to read the following!
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing Business Intelligence Competency Centre team. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our client’s data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams and systems. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our client’s data architecture to support their next generation of products or services.
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud-based ‘big data’ technologies.
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Keep data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and cloud providers regions.
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our clients’ data systems.
• 2-5 years of experience in a Data Engineer role
• Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases.
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
• Should also have experience using the following software/tools:
o Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
o Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
o Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
o Experience with AWS, MS Azure, Google cloud services
o Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
o Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
• Fluency in French, oral and written
• Experience with ERP and CRM environments and data: SAP, SalesForce, PeopleSoft, MS Dynamics, etc.
• Fluency in English, oral and written
Sherbrooke, Eastern Township area
We are located in a unique area in the southernmost part of Québec, where both the French and English languages co-exist harmoniously. We have a vast array of farms, wineries and other producers here that provide home cooks with the highest quality regional ingredients. The quality of life and robust economy in the Eastern Townships are second to none, and we’re seeing more people choosing the area as a place to settle down long term. Housing here is affordable, there are excellent French and English schools including two local universities, great medical care, as well as access to nature and recreation in every season, with a number of lakes and ski hills nearby.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.