We are responsible for designing and delivering core technology platforms that provide tools for editorially enhancing and delivering content to our customers. We are looking for a motivated and innovative Data Architect . In this role, you will work across geographical boundaries with all levels of software engineers, technical management, and business partners. You will set the data architectural direction for projects delivering new and re-engineered functionality. The ideal candidate will have experience in making technology decisions on large, enterprise-scale software development programs. The candidate will also have extensive skills in the areas of design, development, mentoring and directing co-workers.
About the Role
In this opportunity as a Data Architect, you will:
Design and deliver:
- Creates the information architecture vision and strategy for the assets under the purview of the group
- Defines the group’s governance and standards to deliver a cohesive information architecture for the organization
- Delivers innovative and elegant information solutions that drive growth, and leverage to ensure faster time-to-market
- Translates user requirements and business use cases to conceptual, logical, and physical data models and workflow processes.
- Translates a business glossary into logical and physical data models, and coach/ supports data modelers and engineers in their development/ testing/ implementation effort.
- Identify appropriate sources for external teams’ (R&D, Product Management, Editorial, Technology and other Content organizations) data needs, create the necessary data mapping and transformation rules, with a focus on business objectives and processes.
- Ensures solutions meet the compliance and security needs of TR
- Communicates designs and solutions through formal and informal means to business unit executives, technology management, peers and development staff, and other colleagues
Coach and mentor:
- Mentor junior staff in Data Modeling and other Information Architecture activities
Be curious and innovative:
- Assists in the technology decisions for data strategy, workflow processes, and infrastructure for a wide range of system solutions for the Thomson Reuters Editorial and Content Operations teams.
You’re a fit for the role of Data Architect if you have:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Data Modeler/ Data Architect, in an integrated business and IT collaborative environment.
- Combination of strategic thinking and detail orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to balance being inquisitive, curious, continuously learning, and realistic vs. visionary, technology savvy, and business orientation.
- Excellent critical thinking, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate across organizational boundaries and to influence all stakeholders, (e.g., technology staff, business partners, and vendors) having an impact on the community.
- Expert-level proficiency in data modeling for relational, dimensional, and big data platforms. Experience with a broad range of data schemas (e.g., ontologies, taxonomies, DTDs etc.), as well as strong SQL skills
- Additional broad experience in enterprise use of the following technologies: Messaging Technologies (e.g., IBM MQ, Kafka), Big Data (Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Spark), CSS, XML (DOM, SAX), DHTML/ XHTML/ HTML5, Web Services, Cognitive Computing, Classification, Machine Learning, NLP, NLG, Public Cloud (AWS & MS Azure), & MS Teams Foundation Server/Azure DevOps
- Strong interpersonal skills supported by exceptional written and oral communication skills: strong hands-on documentation experience and collaboration skills working across geographical sites.
- Experience with Agile software design methodologies and tools.
What’s in it For You?
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Learning & Development :
- On-the-job coaching & learning, tuition reimbursement, exposure to leading-edge technology
- Career growth – ability to work on multiple projects and/or with various teams
- Access to Hackathons, Unconferences, Harvard Manage Mentor and more, we offer learning opportunities for everyone
- Benefits : Flexible work arrangements, comprehensive health coverage that’s effective day one
- Perks : Social events & activities, employee discount programs through corporate perks
- Flexibility : We’ve been named as one of Forbes, Best Companies for Work/Life Balance
- Global Opportunities : We have employees in over 90 countries, working across 3 different industries
- Your wellbeing : We offer a program that focuses on making our lives healthier
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com .