243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Data and Business Analyst
The Data Analyst is responsible for assisting with the development, maintenance, and on-going support of business analytics and reports. Reporting to Director of Pharmacy Performance and Analytics, the Data Analyst will be responsible for facilitating decision making and improving the performance of Central Pharmacy Services through the analysis and interpretation of data and the ability to collect requirements and deliver against end user’s business needs.
what you will do:
• Filling ad-hoc data mining needs for business stakeholder through an open analytics environment
• Providing support and training to reporting analysts of standard reporting tool
• Work with cross-functional teams within the business to improve loyalty processes
• Stay on top of best practices in reporting and analytics
• Present program results and proactively recommend improvements to business stakeholders
• Ability to integrate various data streams into a coherent, accurate view of program activities
• Work with broader loyalty team to update and maintain program offer pool
• Assist in the development of future analytical models
What you will need:
• An understanding of data analysis logic/concepts
• MS Excel – experience presenting data.
• SQL and an understanding of relational databases
• MS PowerPoint – the ability to consolidate complicated data in a concise, decisive format for senior stakeholders
• Understanding of experimental design methodologies
• Experience with web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture)
• Attentive to detail
• A desire to proactively improve marketing programs and processes
• Experience with retail and/or loyalty data would be preferred
• Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Econometrics, Computer Science or Statistics (or related field).
Here are just some of the things Shoppers Drug Mart colleagues enjoy:
• 30% Colleague Discount Program on eligible products at Shoppers Drug Mart stores
• Ongoing career development through in-house training programs, tuition assistance and support for professional designations
• Sharing in the growth of Loblaw with our Employee Share Ownership Plan
• Corporate rate fitness club memberships for colleagues as well as eligible family members.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.