Ernst & Young
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data – and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex data for audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won’t find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you’re looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As a data analytics staff, you will join Tenthreelabs to work with our audit teams as they leverage data analytics to improve audit efficiency and quality. This is a unique role for you to get heavily involved in both the audit and data analytics process and make an immediate impact working closely with audit teams to help establish and build strong client relationships.
In the lab, you will be joined by a team of multidisciplinary professionals in versatile roles, which includes data analytics, programming, robotic process automation, data visualization, etc. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
- Work within Tenthree|labs to export, transform, validate and output large and complex data sets for use in EY’s data analytics tools
- Proactively monitor, manage, and execute projects with engagement teams
- Collaborate with the data analytics and engagement teams to design and implement improvements to the data delivery process
To qualify for this role, candidates must have a combination of
- An undergraduate degree in business or accounting with a minor in computer science, computer science, computer engineering, data analysis, financial mathematics or another related field
- A basic understanding of a company’s financial reporting process and financial terms
- Strong interest in data analytics, data transformation, robotics process automation, and finance or accounting
- Strong project management and organizational skills with an ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to explain technical terms to a non-technical audience
- A critical and logical thinker who can work both independently and in a team environment
- Process driven individual with a strong attention to detail
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.