Who You’ll Work With
Slalom Emerge is team of pioneers and trailblazers helping ensure we achieve our strategic goals of investing for the future and pursuing innovation as a competitive advantage. We empower our local markets by identifying emerging capabilities, building multi-disciplinary teams, and providing access to niche and hyper specialized expertise.
Slalom is looking for a Data & Analytics leader to join our newly formed Emerge Canada team. This team is a growth engine providing local markets access to cutting-edge capabilities and scarce expertise. This role could sit in any of our Canadian markets and will help incubate new niche capabilities and support delivery in our local markets: Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal. The role will include 30%+ travel throughout the region when applicable. This role is for an experienced and motivated technical leader who possesses a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. Successful Directors help our clients take on their biggest problems with creative, business-focused technology solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Accountable for collaborating with data leaders to drive sales, recruiting, account management, consulting, and all operational aspects
- Drive overall growth of practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, oversight of delivery work, and thought leadership
- Collaborate on business development activities as a domain specialist for the data team across a variety of clients and industries
- Improve performance through an effective team-based approach that increases output and employee happiness
- Manage project risk as it relates to planning and budgeting, handling accounts receivable, defining deliverable content, and ensuring agreement of proposed solutions from client executives
- Enhance Slalom’s culture and be a leading example of our core values every day
- Develop proposals, presentations, statement of work (SOW) and proactively recommend strategies to grow the data & analytics practice presence in existing accounts
- Provide thought leadership & bring ground-breaking recommendations on tools and technologies to the Slalom team & client partners
- Provide technical & architecture guidance as a mentor to junior team members
- Lead with a business-forward demeanor to drive quality work that improves competitive edge in the market
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years of experience delivering insights through data solutions
- 5+ years of experience in consulting
- Proven history of growing existing client base & developing new accounts/clients from the ground up
- Experience leading a successful, positive, productive team
- Good communication and client facing skills
- Validated project management experience covering a broad business base, complemented with a concentration in analytics, data strategy, data architecture, data science, and/or visual analytics
- A consistent track record of successful consulting engagement management experience; including advising other team members and playing a key role in collaborating with senior level client executives
- Ability to balance the demands of multiple client assignments and team development while pushing the intellectual envelope in search of solutions to complex problems
- Creative thinking and seeking innovative solutions to sophisticated technical and business problems
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 39 markets around the world, Slalom’s teams have autonomy to move fast and do what’s right. They are backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world’s top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. Slalom has been named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For five years running and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Slalom is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will work to reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the talent acquisition team if you require accommodations during the interview process.