Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is a data-driven organization, and we are looking for a best-in-class Data Analytics Engineer to operate, maintain and enhance our internal self-service data warehouse. You will be responsible for managing our Snowflake data warehouse, building and maintaining ETL and data ingestion processes, and providing assistance to other teams within the company who input data into the warehouse and carry out analytics with the data it holds.
- Design, deploy, own and maintain best-in-class data infrastructure (Snowflake, Airflow, dbt, EKS, etc.)
- Manage the development and operation of high-volume data pipelines to enable the business to make data-driven decisions.
- Partner with the Analytics team to build data models that are actionable for the business
- Drive strategic and architectural decisions around the evolution of our data warehouse and pipelines.
- Write complex SQL queries and ETL pipelines.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to ensure that new products and features are instrumented to capture product usage data/telemetry
- Provide assistance to other teams within the company supplying data to the warehouse or consuming it for analytics.
- Design schemas and guide usage of the data warehouse to maintain it as a high quality source of insights.
- Effectively work while remote, with the ability to travel 2-3 times per year for week-long off-site meetings with team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or related fields, or significant professional Data Analytics Engineering experience
- 3+ years experience as a Data Engineer
- 3+ years experience using Python
- Strong SQL Skills
- Experience building and managing a data lake in an enterprise setting
- Experience applying Software Engineering best practices to Data Analytics, including CI/CD, version control, infrastructure as code, etc.
- Experience in Schema Design, Data Modelling and Metadata management
- Comfortable working with a variety of different tools and scripting languages and flexible in your choice of key technologies in the data analytics stack.
- Ability to work independently in a small, globally-distributed remote team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a proven ability to work with engineers, data analysts and non-technical stakeholders across all departments of an organisation.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Snowflake, Apache Airflow, dbt and Rudderstack.
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Looker.
- Experience working in open source communities.
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia – Canada – Chile – Finland – Georgia – Germany – India – Mauritius – Philippines – Poland – South Africa – Turkey – Ukraine – Uganda – United Kingdom – United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!