Why you’ll love SEDNA
SEDNA is smart team communication software that unifies all messages, data, and documentation to help you focus on the work that matters. By aligning teams through action-based communication, SEDNA drastically reduces email volume and creates more efficient, productive, and collaborative workflows across organizations.
With SEDNA, any team-no matter the size or location-can work as one to achieve empowered alignment and maximum productivity.
We work hard and strive for results. We also value people’s lives outside of work. The people of SEDNA are world travellers, devoted parents, ultra marathon runners, knitting enthusiasts, animal lovers, ski adventurers, hip hop dancers, Canada Games athletes, emergency response volunteers, and so much more. We’re told that one of the best things about working at SEDNA is that everyone is empowered to solve large problems and that everyone’s opinion is valued.
What you will do
As a Data and Analytics Engineer:
- You will build and maintain scalable data pipelines.
- You will create dashboards that our customers use for gaining insights about their business.
- You will be working as part of a cross functional team of developers, designers and Product Managers.
- Coding: Python expertise
- Advanced knowledge in SQL, including optimization of queries and schemas.
- Experience building enterprise dashboards at scale in Tableau.
- Experience tuning the performance of dashboards with parameters, filters and row level security.
- Experience in managing AWS application instances in EC2 and Database instance in RDS.
- Experience in building and managing data pipelines like Airflow, Luigi, fivetran, spark
- Experience in building and tuning procedural queries – SQLAlchemy, Spark, Querybuilder in code.
- Familiarity with Jupyter Notebooks like Jupyterhub/lab and Databricks.
- Familiarity with data transformation tools like DBT or other ETL frameworks.
- Exposure using Glue and EMR in AWS for ETL and scaling respectively.
- Experience with Python data visualization libraries like dash, plotly express.
- Experience with text processing in Python using NLP tools
- Familiarity with dashboarding tools Eg: Redash
- Experience with Redshift or other optimized databases.
What we offer in return:
- Collaborative and creative environment
- Being part of the journey of a fast growing SaaS Company
- Competitive salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible work environment
- Maternity and Paternity benefits
- We help you grow – both professionally and personally
Unfortunately, we cannot sponsor visas for this role.
We attract global talent. Our development teams are based out of Canada and the UK.This opportunity is based out of Vancouver. We are also open for remote employees in Canada as long as you are able to work in EST / PST timezone.
We accept who you are.
We celebrate our successes together.
We value your time and life outside of work.
We value diversity in every shape and form.
We operate globally, with offices in London, Vancouver, and Singapore.