Data Analytics Analyst
Under broad guidance, performs data analytics activities related to complex business problems and issues to provide insight to decision makers. May provide analytic support for internal project teams and for external client consulting or services engagements.
- Under broad guidance, performs quantitative or qualitative analyses to support the development of solutions for internal or external client project teams.
- Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to support the development of recommendations.
- Constructs impact assessment based on business data and market knowledge. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements.
- May directly produce datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools.
- Verifies data for accuracy and completeness.
- May manipulate and transform data to optimize analyses.
- Performs audits of own work or that of others to ensure conformance with established procedures or to resolve routine issues.
- May work with standalone data systems or enterprise wide tools supporting activities such as inquiry resolution, data validation, and trend analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3 years of related experience preferably working with pharmaceutical data.
- Data analysis skills and previous experience using Microsoft software tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access).
- Working experience with SQL required
- Working experience with Python or Hadoop preferred
- Experience with BI tools preferred
- Works willingly and effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals.
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundamental processes of the business.
- Knowledge of the methods, tools and techniques, related to one’s functional area.
- Effective time management skills.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .