We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Data Analyst, Internal Audit
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Winnipeg, London, or Toronto.
The Data Analyst, Internal Audit role supports the execution of Data Analytics within the Canadian Internal Audit function reporting to the Manager, Data Analytics, Internal Audit. This individual will be accountable to support the Canadian Internal Audit teams with data extraction and transformation activities across different business systems, improving the department’s access and understanding of business data, and implementing the Data Analytics strategy.
He/she will bring a strong technical skillset to support the execution of data analytics and support Internal Audit in improving the reporting of management information of the department as well as the depth and breadth of audit coverage leading to improved risk assessment, richer business insights, enhanced monitoring, and efficiencies.
What you will do
- Supporting the Internal Audit team’s data needs for performing audit analytics
- Extracting data from key business systems using SQL and other technical tools
- Preparing and transforming data for auditors for audit engagements
- Consulting audit teams on data validation, consolidation, and cleansing
- Developing and execute data access plans for key business systems working collaboratively with IS and business stakeholders
- Developing in-depth business system insights and documenting data knowledge to meet the needs of the Canadian team
- Supporting internal training initiatives, assisting in the development and delivery of training to staff
- Development business case scenarios and material to be used in training programs
- Supporting the execution and refinement of the Data Analytics training program
- Supporting the Internal Audit team on delivering engagements and initiatives affecting the broader practice
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical discipline (computer science, information systems, statistics) [Minimum]
- Bachelor’s degree with a combination of business and technical disciplines (business degree with management information systems, computer science with a business administration minor, etc.) [Preferred]
- 2+ years experience with data extraction, data management, and programming [Minimum]
- 2+ years experience in an insurance or financial institution analytics role, and/or experience with Insurance business systems [Preferred]
- 2+ years consulting experience in a Big Four environment or large consulting firm [Preferred]
- Strong competence in programming languages, databases, and data concepts, such as SQL, Python, VBA, Excel Macros [Minimum]
- Competency in descriptive data analytics techniques, such as outlier identification and pattern analysis [Minimum]
- Familiarity with enterprise systems and IT environments, such as SAP, Mainframes, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, and IBM DB2 [Preferred]
- Familiarity with audit analytical tools such as ACL [Preferred]
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or Qliksense [Preferred]
- Familiarity with advanced analytics tools such as SAS, R, IBM SPSS [Preferred]
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, relationship building, teamwork, and collaboration skills [Minimum]
- Excellent communication skills, ability to deal with difficult situations and opinions diplomatically. [Preferred]
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada’s top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted