234 Simcoe Street
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
Creates a culture where data is managed as a valuable corporate asset. Provides input to, and follows, data governance standards and processes to improve the quality of BMO data and reduce overall data risk for the designated business/group. Develops and implements data strategies, tactics, products and a curated data model to achieve business objectives. Reviews, designs and implements data governance practices and data management processes within the business/group in alignment with Enterprise Data Governance Operating Directive. Provides guidance on the interpretation of enterprise data governance policies and maintains alignment between data governance practices and the data strategy.
- Develops data solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Supports the assessment, root cause analysis, and formulating proposed solutions/remediation strategies.
- Performs data profiling and data analyses.
- Documents and maintains data flow specifications.
- Conducts needs assessments, identifies gaps and provides suggestions to improve and streamline data management processes based on operational insights.
- Contributes to the development of business/group data strategies and data governance policies, procedures, and processes.
- Develops stakeholder communications and training in support of data management process implementation.
- Supports the resolution of data issues by coordinating stakeholders in the information chain.
- Performs quality assurance activities to ensure handling, storage, and collection of data complies with Bank Policy and regulatory requirements.
- Supports the management of BMO’s data as a key asset that facilitates effective decision making.
- Analyzes structured and unstructured data to support the design and development of a business / group curated data model.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of data solutions.
- Identifies and implements the optimum means to collect, process, analyze and report on information and ensure ongoing accuracy, integrity and security.
- Participates in the timely resolution of operating/technical problems or manages escalation with other BMO technical support groups.
- Assists in the identification of change impacts through requirements gathering, mapping and documenting current and proposed processes.
- Provides support to projects and/or manages operational changes including supporting Technology with the validation and testing of systems.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Focus is primarily on Finance and Enterprise Risk Management.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.Qualifications:
- Typically between 1 – 4 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skilled in database environments (e.g. Hadoop, Netezza, Oracle).
- Skilled in working with BI tools such as PowerBI, relational databases and Hadoop-based data mining frameworks.
- Proficient in working with SQL
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.