The Data Analyst is directly responsible for delivering high quality, accurate technical reports based on thorough analysis of the pipeline. The successful candidate will be a persistent problem solver who enjoys data intensive, analytical work and can perform routine tasks for an extended period of time. The Analyst must be process oriented, as adherence to industry standards is required, and should also be deeply committed to quality and accuracy at a highly detailed level. You will be ultimately responsible for the organization and control of pipeline inspection data, comprehensive analysis of the data, and for facilitating the on-time delivery of the Pipeline inspection report to clients. In certain cases, this will include post-report client support.
In the role of Data Analyst, you will:
- Support the development of analysis methods and tools to improve productivity
- Work under tight time constraints whilst providing thorough and accurate work.
- Provide provisions of an effective pre and post-sales support service for reporting information
- Ensure quality of report content
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university (OR High School Diploma / GED and a minimum 2 1/2 years of experience in Data Analysis, Engineering, Information Systems, Oil & Gas, Field Services, Document Control, Quality, Project Management, Customer Service, Administrative, or Analytics)
- Minimum 6 months experience in Data Analysis, Engineering, Information Systems, Oil & Gas, Field Services, Document Control, Quality, Project Management, Customer Service, Administrative, or Analytics
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Analytical aptitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Understanding of NDT, pipeline construction methods and materials, international defect sentencing codes and computer systems / software
- Ability to interpret the client’s needs from an inspection report and to develop analysis techniques to meet those needs in a cost-effective manner
- Ability to apply effective communication skills with other team members and or clients