David Aplin Group
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit for a Data Analyst – 12-month contract, based in Vancouver, BC. The Data Analyst (12 Month Contract) could be primarily responsible for providing data analysis to support the Platform and Data Governance teams.
Key Accountabilities (Expected Achievements)
- Is an expert on data analysis involving SQL-based relational databases, MS SSAS Data Warehouses/ Data Marts, Historians and ETL Packages.
- Responsible for preparing Outcomes, Conclusions and Recommendations (resulting from data analysis) for management consumption.
- Responsible to support Data Architect in creating logical data models and data classes within Hopex.
- Supports and contributes to process documentations, operations design, and automation of data management processes
The Ideal Candidate:
Key Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Experience)
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working as a Data Analyst with a variety of database technologies including MSFT SQL, SSIS, SSAS, including advanced-level experience working with data formats such as XML, CSV and JSON.
- Advanced knowledge of technical data lineage and data modelling concepts.
- Hopex or experience using other EA tools to perform logical data modelling is required.
- Experience with Azure DevOps software and Agile practices.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision on the provided requirement definitions, and with great attention to the details.
- Spanish language would be considered an asset.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Karie Pearce , Consultant, Information and Technology. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.